Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
I enjoyed all three of the videos, especially the full review. The third row user height issue is evidenced in the redline review (5'7"), Alex on Autos (6'0") and this DS TV review (6'1") with each of their own twists. The reviewers can make the size seemed as cramped or spacious as they want depending on the 2nd row location and angle of the seat in the 3rd row. Watching all of the reviews leaves the same impression that was given on the forum, 6' and over might have a less than comfortable long ride, but it is possible. I personally hope that most of the buyer won't have 2-3 riders over 6' riding back there.

Is the july allotment now going to be june after watching some of these videos? I hope the pre-ordering folks are informed appropriately. An email to my salesman is already in to check on dates.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question! I don't think anyone has received a VIN yet so not sure how far out they are still on the first orders from February/March. June is less than 2 weeks away so if they are coming in June I'd expect later in the month.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Let us know what your dealer says regarding the June time frame. I'm thinking there is some miscommunication going around though. My guess is the June time frame is for the Ascents that are arriving to dealerships for demo units and not necessarily to sell them. And the ordered Ascents will follow shortly in July.

That's only my realistic guess, my optimistic hope is that I'm wrong and the ordered Ascents are arriving mid-June. ?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Let us know what your dealer says regarding the June time frame. I'm thinking there is some miscommunication going around though. My guess is the June time frame is for the Ascents that are arriving to dealerships for demo units and not necessarily to sell them. And the ordered Ascents will follow shortly in July.

That's only my realistic guess, my optimistic hope is that I'm wrong and the ordered Ascents are arriving mid-June. ?
You're probably correct. It might just be a line fed to the reviewers, but even the written reviews state the same thing.

CNET Ascent Review

·
Registered
292 Posts
You're probably correct. It might just be a line fed to the reviewers, but even the written reviews state the same thing.

CNET Ascent Review
I wouldn't trust the CNET review primarily because the author got various things wrote between the Limited and the Touring. For example, the CNET article mentioned the perforated seats for cooling (and I think the 120v outlet) on the Limited, which aren't even options for the Limited. Where's the editorial integrity? ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Good question! I don't think anyone has received a VIN yet so not sure how far out they are still on the first orders from February/March. June is less than 2 weeks away so if they are coming in June I'd expect later in the month.
As of the end of the day today (Monday, May 21), there have been no VIN's issued on the internal network for any ordered units.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Awesome videos - also nice that there is a 3D view on the navigation (previous videos seemed to limit it to a top down 2D view only).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Carl is going to regret posting that above. Should we start the 'are there VINs yet, Carl?' thread where we ask Carl every day if he see's VINs yet? LOL . Sorry Carl!
Actually talked to our district manager about that yesterday.

He said that once the June allocation is done (sometime in the next week or so) we should see VIN's.

·
Registered
149 Posts

He said that once the June allocation is done (sometime in the next week or so) we should see VIN's.
Carl said June allocation! Carl said JUNE allocation!!!! Will our July’s be here in June?! Are you referring to the July’s as June because they are coming in June!? Or is there a secret dealer only, loaner only, test drive only June allocation and July for customers still just means July/late June? Eeeekkkk!!!! Are there hundreds of them all piled up and getting shined up RIGHT NOW IN INDIANA!?!? It’s almost too much! *calm down*

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carl said June allocation! Carl said JUNE allocation!!!! Will our July’s be here in June?! Are you referring to the July’s as June because they are coming in June!? Or is there a secret dealer only, loaner only, test drive only June allocation and July for customers still just means July/late June? Eeeekkkk!!!! Are there hundreds of them all piled up and getting shined up RIGHT NOW IN INDIANA!?!? It’s almost too much! *calm down*
LOL! I wish my wife was this excited about the ascent.

·
Registered
492 Posts

LOL!

All I heard from Carl was that we should be getting our Ascents "in the next week or so"!!!! ?

WOOT! WOOT!

·
Registered
149 Posts
LOL! I wish my wife was this excited about the ascent.
This will be the smallest, sportiest vehicle I’ve owned since the 90s. LOL I’ve been all Tahoe, truck, minivan since I got a dog and had kids. This is my more sensible midlife crisis Corvette. :grin:
I’ve been looking, test driving and presearching my brains out and I do believe this will be dreamy. My mechanic friend is the one that finally pointed me toward Subaru and I am so happy he did. Driving it last weekend sealed the deal. Kool Aid consumed.

·
Registered
978 Posts
This will be the smallest, sportiest vehicle I’ve owned since the 90s. LOL I’ve been all Tahoe, truck, minivan since I got a dog and had kids. This is my more sensible midlife crisis Corvette. :grin:
I’ve been looking, test driving and presearching my brains out and I do believe this will be dreamy. My mechanic friend is the one that finally pointed me toward Subaru and I am so happy he did. Driving it last weekend sealed the deal. Kool Aid consumed.
Get the Mid engine 2020 vett. It will umm crush the midlife crises?

I’m not complaining about the inherited SLK350 but lets be very clear its no Porsche or brutal American muscle car.

·
Registered
965 Posts
No, our June allocation of Outbacks, Foresters and you know, every OTHER car we sell that's NOT an Ascent. Once those are set, we'll start seeing the VIN's for the JULY allocations of Ascents ...

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
No, our June allocation of Outbacks, Foresters and you know, every OTHER car we sell that's NOT an Ascent. Once those are set, we'll start seeing the VIN's for the JULY allocations of Ascents ...
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well, for 24 hours, I was on top of the world, and then Carl made everything come crashing down. :grin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts