Subaru Ascent Forum banner

driving on a donut

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ducano 
#1 ·
Unfortunately when I brought my Ascent in to discount tire for a rotation of my winter tires, they noticed a puncture in the shoulder. Non repairable. It was literally the end of the day and they did not have the Blizzak replacement. I leave for work at 4:30 am and drive about 70 miles. I have an appointment near work for the end of the day for the replacement but wonder what does Subaru say is the speed and distance limit.

#3 ·
I've been looking for information regarding the spare tire/wheel myself.

1)What is the tire sizing and diameter?

2) I just got a new exhaust (sounds awesome) and the giant muffler cans are now gone adjacent to the spare tire well. I am wondering if I can remove the metal flange and get a full size spare in there. Anyone know if that's possible?

#4 ·
2) I just got a new exhaust (sounds awesome) and the giant muffler cans are now gone adjacent to the spare tire well. I am wondering if I can remove the metal flange and get a full size spare in there. Anyone know if that's possible?
Sadly not relevant. The tire diameter isn't the issue. It hangs down a little.

I stored one there for months. It can hit stuff when off roading or on bad roads. ?
1)What is the tire sizing and diameter?
Same diameter as stock tires. Different width. More later. Running out the door to work.

#6 ·
Yep. Even flat, I've had it jammed into my 7 pin brake controller plug. It's why I moved to a roof rack (hitch mount would be much more fuel efficient).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.