Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately when I brought my Ascent in to discount tire for a rotation of my winter tires, they noticed a puncture in the shoulder. Non repairable. It was literally the end of the day and they did not have the Blizzak replacement. I leave for work at 4:30 am and drive about 70 miles. I have an appointment near work for the end of the day for the replacement but wonder what does Subaru say is the speed and distance limit.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Text Font Line Yellow Document
Text Font Line

No number is given for the distance, just as soon as possible. 50mph for the speed. Also remember to only use the donut on a rear wheel!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've been looking for information regarding the spare tire/wheel myself.

1)What is the tire sizing and diameter?

2) I just got a new exhaust (sounds awesome) and the giant muffler cans are now gone adjacent to the spare tire well. I am wondering if I can remove the metal flange and get a full size spare in there. Anyone know if that's possible?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
2) I just got a new exhaust (sounds awesome) and the giant muffler cans are now gone adjacent to the spare tire well. I am wondering if I can remove the metal flange and get a full size spare in there. Anyone know if that's possible?
Sadly not relevant. The tire diameter isn't the issue. It hangs down a little.

I stored one there for months. It can hit stuff when off roading or on bad roads. ?
1)What is the tire sizing and diameter?
Same diameter as stock tires. Different width. More later. Running out the door to work.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
There’s also this about full size spare storage:
Text Font

So according to the manual if you want to stick a full size tire down there it should be flat and used for transporting the tire not long term storage.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
There’s also this about full size spare storage:
View attachment 3063
So according to the manual if you want to stick a full size tire down there it should be flat and used for transporting the tire not long term storage.
Yep. Even flat, I've had it jammed into my 7 pin brake controller plug. It's why I moved to a roof rack (hitch mount would be much more fuel efficient).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.