Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody noticing some distortion on the driver's side window? Both wife and I are noticing some distortion right above and near mirror? Passenger's side window also has a little distortion but not nearly as big as the driver's side. All other windows in the are distortion free... Touring model...I remember reading a thread about some people experiencing nausea or motion sickness, i wonder if its possible that looking through this distortion is part of the cause? Was thinking about visiting some Subaru dealerships this weekend to see if i notice it in any other Ascents...
Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Almost every car window produced will have some distortion. As the heating processes increase safety of the glass, it also increases the distortions in the glass. If you look carefully at any car window, you will find them. Seems like you got what they call "local" distortion.

Here is a pamphlet on distortions. https://www.viridianglass.com/~/med...ghened-glass-and-associated-distortions-7.pdf

You could get a replacement, but almost all windows will have some type of distortion. The question will be if the current distortion is in a spot where you can ignore it vs the new window having a distortion in a spot where you would notice it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cwn...I really appreciate your response. However, between the wife and I, we've owned over over a dozen brand new vehicles and have never experienced any distortion through any windows. Just got off the phone with SOA with an other issue and asked about the window distortion, and his response was, "never heard of that and take it to a service center." I just dont know if I want Subaru to take apart the doors to possibly replace windows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have zero explanation or help for you but I do notice it on my Ascent as well. Only in the driver's side door though and only at certain points and angles. It will make me dizzy for a second when I glance at it but honestly I avoid it. When I look in my side mirrors, I am fine but if I look up higher on the window it hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm hoping maybe I will acclimate to it. :plain:

·
Registered
590 Posts
We have noticed this but with front passenger door. It’s really bad right across middle. Plan to point this out when we go in for service.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I, too, have noted the distortion in the driver's side window. I just had some service done on mine, but may schedule another appointment. I am going to let things in the car shake out a bit and create a list and have issues looked at in batches (if there are that many, of course).

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, w/ Tech Package
60 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with the double glazed glass designed to minimize noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have an update on what happened when brought up to your dealership? I just bought a 2020 and have the same issue on front passenger window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts