Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Forester and have been having comfort problems with the driver's seat. Felt fine during three test drives. However, in longer drives, since purchase, I'm having back/hip pain. I'm a big guy, 6'6" and 350 lbs. I'm thinking about trading for an Ascent. Those seats seem to be more comfortable. Certainly the shoulder/hip room is greater and the legroom feels a bit greater, too (despite the specs saying the Ascent has less legroom than the Forester) and I like the thigh support. However, because of my negative experience with the Forester seats, I'm second-guessing my impressions, particularly since the Ascent and Forester seats look so similar. My concern is whether I'm making a mistake in trading for the Ascent. Has anyone else have any thoughts on the front seats of the Ascent versus the Forester?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I’m a big guy too 6’7” 290. I looked at both the Forester and the Ascent. I went with the Ascent because of the room. The leg room seemed to be the same but the room for my legs is wider in the Ascent and allows me to change positions a little and that makes a big difference to me on long trips. now whether or not it is worth it to you to trade the Forester for an Ascent is a personal decision. Is the room worth the money? For me it was but I drive 30k+ miles a year and like long road trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m a big guy too 6’7” 290. I looked at both the Forester and the Ascent. I went with the Ascent because of the room. The leg room seemed to be the same but the room for my legs is wider in the Ascent and allows me to change positions a little and that makes a big difference to me on long trips. now whether or not it is worth it to you to trade the Forester for an Ascent is a personal decision. Is the room worth the money? For me it was but I drive 30k+ miles a year and like long road trips.
Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your insight.
I’m 6’3” and 210 lbs and I have had chronic back problems for years. I owned a Buick Enclave for 7 years and had to use a lumbar role and a gel pad to make driving bearable. I bought a 2019 Ascent Limited in February 2019 and have put 20,000 miles on it. I chose the Ascent for the headroom, legroom and seat adjustability. I have to say that the Ascent’s driver’s seat is the most comfortable seat I’ve ever had. No more lumbar rolls. No more gel pads. Just the seat. I am incredibly pleased with the seat comfort and the vehicle overall. I can’t speak to the Forester.

·
Registered
377 Posts
6'3" 210. 48L jacket and 34" inseam. Ascent is easily the roomiest interior in its class. I prefer parts of our 2019 Forester Touring's seats to those in our 2020 Ascent. IMO they made the Ascent's seats too wide to occupy the extra space. The Forester's side support is what I miss in the Ascent but I love the thigh extension in the Ascent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts