Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent Limited arriving in a couple of weeks will have the leather seats. There are many days that my work leaves my pants dirty so I would like to cover the drivers seat for the work days. Weathertech has such a cover but it seams to me to be very expensive. I might just drop down a towel in there for the ride home after work. Non work days I want to enjoy the leather. What do you use?

·
Registered
559 Posts
As soon as they are available, I’m ordering Wer Okele covers for the 2nd and 3rd rows. They’re a neoprene scuba type material.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the first generation of the Orange Mud Transition and Seat Wrap made out of the Terry Cloth for my Crosstrek. We plan to get several 2nd Gens, made of microfiber, for the Ascent. Versatile piece of gear. I generally keep in the car to protect my seats after biking.

https://www.orangemud.com/products/transition-and-seat-wrap-version-2-0?variant=12679163183191

do you know if the size will fit the Ascent? Will it mostly stay in place? thanks for the link. This is about what I have been looking for if it fits.

·
Registered
113 Posts
do you know if the size will fit the Ascent? Will it mostly stay in place? thanks for the link. This is about what I have been looking for if it fits.
I received the first generation terry cloth velour 30x60 orange mudd towels today. I did a quick test fit on both the front and second row bucket seats. They are super easy to put on; just zip and hang over the headrest. They cover the entire seat with a couple inches hangover on all sides. Now whether they will stay in place, I think it will depend on what you are wearing (or not in the case of a swimsuit). I doubt it will stay in place more than one entry and exit, but they should be easy to flip back into place. Note that the care label says to wash cold water only, no bleach, and dry on low. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry, I didn't get an auto notice that someone replied. However, I think DixieGent gave you the answer. I believe my wife bought the 2nd Gen and will be getting it within the next week or two (not a Prime item in royal blue). What sold me was it's more than just a car seat cover.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received my orange mud seat cover and used it for the first time yesterday. I love it for its simplicity and coverage on the seat. I can tuck the right side of the towel between the seat and the seat belt housing. The head rest pocket works great. Thanks for mentioning the product. I plan on purchasing a couple of more to have in the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,567 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for this recommendation just purchased one, and I found this code TEAMRWB online got 20% off for anyone else interested.

I use the first generation of the Orange Mud Transition and Seat Wrap made out of the Terry Cloth for my Crosstrek. We plan to get several 2nd Gens, made of microfiber, for the Ascent. Versatile piece of gear. I generally keep in the car to protect my seats after biking.

https://www.orangemud.com/products/transition-and-seat-wrap-version-2-0?variant=12679163183191

1 - 11 of 11 Posts