Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I’m driving a 2015 Subaru Outback. I live about two hours from a dealership and have not had the opportunity to see the new Ascent in person.

How much driver side leg room is there? Compared to the Qutback? Compared to the Forester? Does the seat bottom set higher than the Outback? Will there be more seat comfort and Seat Room?

Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I traded in a '15 Outback for the Ascent. My impression only - sits higher yes. One of the reasons I wanted an Ascent was the more straight-across height for getting in and getting out. (Bad knees so it's something I consider). Height is perfect - not climbing up to get into it and not pushing up to get out of it. Leg room seems a little better but I'm still a newbie driver on the Ascent with less than 500 miles. (That will change quickly enough). Again, knees make me want to straighten them out periodically. (I'm 5'10"). Everything seems just a little bigger but not huge differences. I do like the extra leg support on the driver's seat included in the Touring model.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I traded in a '15 Outback for the Ascent. My impression only - sits higher yes. One of the reasons I wanted an Ascent was the more straight-across height for getting in and getting out. (Bad knees so it's something I consider). Height is perfect - not climbing up to get into it and not pushing up to get out of it. Leg room seems a little better but I'm still a newbie driver on the Ascent with less than 500 miles. (That will change quickly enough). Again, knees make me want to straighten them out periodically. (I'm 5'10"). Everything seems just a little bigger but not huge differences. I do like the extra leg support on the driver's seat included in the Touring model.
And at 5' 6" I have to step 'up' to get into my Ascent vs 'straight' for my Outback :)

@OP - it is a bigger vehicle and SOA did a dare-I-say 'miraculous' job of making it a 'bigger' vehicle while keeping the 'feel' like an OB. Cabin dimensions are definitely bigger - the center console requires me to 'lean over' more than the OB. To reach controls (pedals, steering wheel, etc.) I am so close to the curved 'kid mirror' that it is virtually useless. But I need three rows and want the additional space of a full-size SUV. And this thing drives like my 2018 OB - handling, turning radius, etc.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I found the passenger side leg room is much better than my 16 Outback. By that I say you seem to have 4 or 5 inches where you can get your feet under the glovebox

·
Registered
334 Posts
I found the passenger side leg room is much better than my 16 Outback. By that I say you seem to have 4 or 5 inches where you can get your feet under the glovebox

I really haven't tried out that side yet, but my brother mentioned that when we were test driving it. Not the full leg compartment but an area that was much deeper than normal. I'm sure my 6'4" husband will like that when he finally gets to sit in it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.