Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a driver seat failure related to the bracket/bolts/rails? - I am approaching the end of my warranty and had a few issues I wanted to get resolved before it lapsed. Everything was resolved (new front brakes!) except my driver seat, which had been loose and rattling a bit for the last month or two. It wasn't really enough for anyone else to notice but of course it bugged me. The best way to describe it would be to say it felt like the seat was a bit loose on the floor rails/mount. Just enough that you could notice slight movement when accelerating or hard braking. And if you stepped out of the car and grabbed the seat you could shake it and see movement beyond what was expected.

Fast forward, the dealership called and said that either the bolts had failed, or "flared" and/or there was a failure in a weld based on a visual inspection. They would know more when they took the seat and bracket apart. But I can't have the car back, safety issue, etc.

So, I'm glad I took it in, and I'm glad the dealership was super responsive and quick to dig into it. As I find out more I'll post it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to see they're taking care of the issue.Did they supply a loaner?
Oh absolutely, it's a solid dealership (unlike the one I actually ordered/purchased from - but that was another post). Of course a brand new Crosstrek is still a far cry from my Ascent. And I will still double check the part numbers on my replacement (warranty) brake pads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts