Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The position of my drivers seat is such that when I site squarely in the seat with the steering wheel adjusted to my liking, the view of the dash instruments is not symmetrical. The view of the speedometer is partially obstructed by the steering wheel, whereas the view to the tachometer is clear and unobstructed. It is like the seat is slightly turned. I imagine the seat should be set up to align with a point somewhat down the road, but why would the view to the dash instruments be partially obstructed ? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The position of my drivers seat is such that when I site squarely in the seat with the steering wheel adjusted to my liking, the view of the dash instruments is not symmetrical. The view of the speedometer is partially obstructed by the steering wheel, whereas the view to the tachometer is clear and unobstructed. It is like the seat is slightly turned. I imagine the seat should be set up to align with a point somewhat down the road, but why would the view to the dash instruments be partially obstructed ? Thanks.
I think the issue is that the steering wheel is offset a bit to the left. It's not centered with the seats or gauges. It happens on some cars (had an Xterra that was similar). In the case of the Subaru, I wonder if it has to do with its scalable architecture. In other words, maybe the wheel is perfectly centered in the Impreza, but not in the much larger Ascent?

My solution is that I mainly use the digital speedometer in between the gauges. Sometimes I catch myself trying to center my butt on the seat only to realize that I am centered but the wheel is not. It's not a huge deal to me though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts