Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leather on the underside of the extender will not stay attached but only on one side. I've had it to the dealer twice. They even ordered a replacement part. It stays on for a day or two but that's it. I know this is a small issue, but it's new car. I'm wondering if it's the seat itself and not the extender.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
One would think that if a second extender isn't staying covered, something else is causing things to come apart...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Did they replace the leather covering, or replace the entire assembly that slides out from the seat? I wasn't sure based off your comment. it does seem odd the second part would fail in the same manner. Do you have a rather unusual way that you keep/move your legs in the car? But even that shouldn't cause the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did they replace the leather covering, or replace the entire assembly that slides out from the seat? I wasn't sure based off your comment. it does seem odd the second part would fail in the same manner. Do you have a rather unusual way that you keep/move your legs in the car? But even that shouldn't cause the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question. They said they ordered and replaced "the part". No, they said how you use it should not matter. I noticed this a few days after getting the car. There's a track there and it just doesn't seem to stay in it for more than a day. Wondering if it's part of the seat itself that's the problem. I'll know more today.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey Karen, I know exactly what you are talking about. It is only one side that pops out and it has a hard plastic edge that fits into a slot holder thingy. Mine comes out occasionally and when I notice I just pop it back in. It stays for a while, but it always comes back out. Not a big enough issue though for me. If I get too annoyed by it, then I guess I could use something to make it stay in there for good :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. That's it exactly. It usually won't stay in for more than a couple of days even if I'm not using it. I honestly wonder if it's the seat itself and the track it fits into. You are right, it really isn't that big a deal but I wonder if overtime the leather will get caught and tear. Time will tell if it's something can be resolved

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I just push it back in every other week. The clip, right hand side, doesn’t get seated properly; I think it’s just a bad design or the manufacturing tolerance aren’t consistent

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I would have the dealer keep replacing it until they come up with a permanent fix. In this way even if they have to replace the entire seat, it will cost you nothing. Maybe they will glue it in. In any case. As long as they are the ones fixing it and not you, they own it forever.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Make sure you keep every receipt for the work, so there's never any issue, so even after the warranty expires, you can make a legitimate claim to the persistent problem they couldn't fix

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
101 Posts
I am glad I found this post. This is happening to my MY2020 Limited as well. It's easy to snap back into place, but very frequently displaced. Mine is on the LEFT side of the seat and I notice it with my leg when it comes out. Yeah, it's miniscule ... but only 4k miles and would love a fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts