Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a simpler way to switch between 2 user profiles other than going to home, settings, driver profile, activate?

Seems like a busy workflow to swap between profiles on the fly. Is there a way to add each as a shortcut to the homescreen or another quick switch method I'm missing?

TIA!

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you change the phone it changes the profile. So mine always starts in my profile but when hubs gets in the car he just pushes the phone buttons switches to his and boom switches the profile.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On '16 Forester two phones are paired: mine & my wife.

If I get in, it's paired with mine.
If she gets in, it's paired with her.

No action needed. Car just knows which phone is available.

I noticed that in Ascent I had to manually switch to my phone after my wife drove it. I wonder why it does not switch by itself.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish it auto selected based on which key is used to start the car which I thought it would do. The problem is when both keys are in the car what is the default? The driver profile listed first?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that why you have to manually switch between phones and profiles? Using the same key?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I swear I read that in the manual but guess not.
Oh interesting! I definitely did not read it in manual, but with 6 different manuals covering 1,000 pages, who know?! ?

What I do know is I set up both profiles with one key in car, and it never prompted for a specific key, but it did tie a phone to a profile. Also, there is a setting in the system for which phone is a priority (if husband and wife get in car with their phones together, for example), but no mention anywhere of keys (for same or other scenario). It seems to me to be odd to tie anything to a specific key, but I’d love to learn if that is the case.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh interesting! I definitely did not read it in manual, but with 6 different manuals covering 1,000 pages, who know?! ?

What I do know is I set up both profiles with one key in car, and it never prompted for a specific key, but it did tie a phone to a profile. Also, there is a setting in the system for which phone is a priority (if husband and wife get in car with their phones together, for example), but no mention anywhere of keys (for same or other scenario). It seems to me to be odd to tie anything to a specific key, but I’d love to learn if that is the case.
I swear I read that in the manual but guess not.
It's in the manual that you can set the memory profile to a FOB, page 38.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Where do you set the priority if both phones are in the car?

·
Registered
174 Posts

Honda has had that feature for a while, my current 2012 Pilot has profiles tied to keys. It sets seat & mirror memory so it always sucks when I grab the wrong key and can't actually get into the car because the seats set themselves for my wife's much shorter legs upon unlock.

I like the thought of profile settings also including mobile devices being set for the Ascent, just hate that the mirror settings aren't included as well

·
Registered
89 Posts
The question was if a key can be tied to a infotainment screen profile (and phone), not seat setting (although that was interesting to learn!). Anyone know about that? I claimed “no” but could be proved wrong ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts