Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a link between driver profiles and the ECU? There is a lot of talk about the car/driver learning/adjustment. Not sure how much actual truth there is to the car adjusting to the driver, although, no doubt about drivers learning and adjusting to the car. But if the former also happens, is it by driver profile?

I do know that with past Subaru's I have owned, there certainly was a relearning/adjustment of the ECU after the battery was disconnected. But I did not have multiple driver profiles on my older Subaru's.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My understand is the driver profiles are related to the head unit, which phone it connects to, and saved radio stations. Not the learned conditions the ecu stores. That (to my understanding) is independent from the driver.

·
Administrator
11,928 Posts
My understand is the driver profiles are related to the head unit, which phone it connects to, and saved radio stations. Not the learned conditions the ecu stores. That (to my understanding) is independent from the driver.

Yep. And, if you program/link it, to seat position as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I suspected, too, ie no link between the ECU and driver profiles. But just wanted to ask in case anyone knew differently. Cars are getting smarter all the time, and was not sure if we had reached that level yet.

·
Administrator
11,928 Posts
The seat position is more than just the button on the door? I didn't realize it could be set to a FOB? or just profile?
It can be set to a FOB too, which enables up to 8 seat positions...

Page 38 of the Owners manual.

Registration of seat position with each key fob

1. Adjust the seat position under the following conditions.
. The parking brake is applied.
. The ignition switch is in the “LOCK”/“OFF” position.
. The select lever is in the “P” position.
2. While holding the access key fob and pressing the “SET” button, press the “(unlock symbol) ” button of the access key fob.
A chirp sounds once, and the seat position is registered.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It can be set to a FOB too, which enables up to 8 seat positions...

Page 38 of the Owners manual.

Registration of seat position with each key fob

1. Adjust the seat position under the following conditions.
. The parking brake is applied.
. The ignition switch is in the “LOCK”/“OFF” position.
. The select lever is in the “P” position.
2. While holding the access key fob and pressing the “SET” button, press the “(unlock symbol) ” button of the access key fob.
A chirp sounds once, and the seat position is registered.
That's hotter than Leola Bark Tea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.