Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created profiles for my wife and I on our new 2020 Ascent. I happened to create mine first, if that matters. She is the primary driver, but every time I am anywhere in the house and she starts it, it chooses my profile instead of hers. Her name is even listed alphabetically first. Does it always choose the first profile created? I thought it chose by the Bluetooth device nearest the car (my wife’s when she gets in). How do I get t car to select hers more often so she stops yelling at me that the car likes me better and is misogynistic. Ha ha.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Partly for this reason we went with button only recall. It doesn't matter who does remote start, which fob is used.....just whoever climbs in hits the button if needed and 5 seconds later life is good. Really only an issue for me since I can't get in until it moved back. The wife can get in while it moves forward.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
I created profiles for my wife and I on our new 2020 Ascent. I happened to create mine first, if that matters. She is the primary driver, but every time I am anywhere in the house and she starts it, it chooses my profile instead of hers. Her name is even listed alphabetically first. Does it always choose the first profile created? I thought it chose by the Bluetooth device nearest the car (my wife’s when she gets in). How do I get t car to select hers more often so she stops yelling at me that the car likes me better and is misogynistic. Ha ha.
When both phones are within range, it always picks the phone that is listed first in "Phones".

You can reorder the phones easily in Home>Phones>Reorder.

I wish it went by which fob was used, which makes sense but that's not how it works, it's the phone order.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
We just position the seat and hold the set button. We never linked the fobs to anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.