Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m taking the family to the drive-in and realize I have no idea if I can or how to put the car in radio-on mode without the engine running and without killing the battery and with the lift gate open and with the interior lights off. Ah! Help. Haha. Thanks :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm curious as well!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you have push button start, just push the button without stepping on the brake. This puts it into accessory mode.

·
Registered
68 Posts
With the known issues of the Ascent's battery (underpowered and non-AGM), I'd be really hesitant to try and power even just the sound system (not to mention that you probably can't turn ALL of the rest of the car off) for up to two hours. Probably a question better asked of Subaru?

·
Administrator
114 Posts
You could always go into accessory mode, but bring a portable jumper just in case...

Or one of the items reviewed by Project Farm :geek:....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I’m taking the family to the drive-in and realize I have no idea if I can or how to put the car in radio-on mode without the engine running and without killing the battery and with the lift gate open and with the interior lights off. Ah! Help. Haha. Thanks :)
Hey Michael, Just wondering how the drive in went. Did you take your ascent? How did you work the radio, not drain the battery, and turn off interior lights. We are going tonight. Thsnks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly I took my old car since I knew it could handle it. I may have been fine with the carabiner trick, but I didn’t want to risk it or the battery and get stranded with the kids in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
981 Posts
TSB 07-155-19R fixes the excess open lift gate current drain on '19 Ascents. '20s should already have the fix.

Carabiner trick is a way to fake out the lift gate making it think it's closed. Open tail gate. Insert caribiner or similar into the latch on the bottom edge of the tail gate. Gently close the gate until you hear the latch motor run, then lift the gate up. To undo, press the open button on the remote, and pull the biner out of the latch.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Will the carabiner work with the motorized tailgate ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been searching for instructions to turn off all exterior and interior lights on my 2019 Touring. I hadn't prepared for our drive-in adventure and it took quite awhile to figure how to turn all off. We managed and for about 1 hour listened to our FM before the battery died. Started it up and ran the car for the rest of the movie. Took awhile at the end to figure how to turn all the lights on again! There must be an easier way? Have you found it? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts