Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo line oil leak.
New Ascent Limited (3100 miles, mainly highway) had sat in garage for week between trips.
Pulled out to go on most recent trip and oil drips were on floor in a random pattern not exceeding a foot diameter. Probably six drops less than size of a dime. Though miniscule, was still kinda disconcerting owing to the newness of vehicle. Had not even had first oil change. Took in to a dealer near my destination (not selling dealer). Diagnosed a turbo line drip from a flange connector which had either been over tightened, failed, etc. (possibly from initial build) Location was pretty inaccessible so tightening was done to best ability of technician. Longer term solution is to replace hose and flange when the parts are available. That direction is being pursued. Dealer service dept Hendrick Subaru Southpoint Durham did excellent job getting me in on short notice, providing a logical, hopeful solution. Time will tell.
Anybody out there encountered a similar issue ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I think same as my Limited Ascent. Noticed an oil leak dripping on left rear tire area. You think it is the turbo line leak? I have yet to come in for my service appointment. Did you replace the parts yet?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi, I think same as my Limited Ascent. Noticed an oil leak dripping on left rear tire area. You think it is the turbo line leak? I have yet to come in for my service appointment. Did you replace the parts yet?
Are you sure its not condensation (water) from the exhaust?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oil leak drip rear left tire area

Are you sure its not condensation (water) from the exhaust?

I'm not so certain at this point. If it is, will the color of water be like that? Black. Do you know any other who has the same as mine? See attached picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Glad to hear it was not an issue. The thing I like about this forum is that something like this can be brought up and now I have learned something new about my Ascent. I have only had it a week but when it gets warmer I now know to expect the ac condensate to also come out near the left rear tire. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.