Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a feature on my wife’s 16 Honda Pilot, double tap and hold of the unlock button will open all the windows and sunroof. Can anyone see if it works for the Ascent?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Noticed a feature on my wife’s 16 Honda Pilot, double tap and hold of the unlock button will open all the windows and sunroof. Can anyone see if it works for the Ascent?
Long time Honda feature, works on my 2012 Pilot

·
Registered
235 Posts
Accidentally discovered this feature on my wife’s Pilot this past wknd. It was raining so she was not amused :devil:
Sounds like a stunt I would do! LOL

Reactions: JPGators

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wish I can answer your original question....but I don't have an Ascent (yet) :grin:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doesn't seem to work.
I was surprised when I got mine the auto roll down was only available on the front two windows.

also equally annoying if the doors are lock you have to unlock the doors to pop the hatch from the inside button (located by drivers seat). Strange.

·
Registered
253 Posts
also equally annoying if the doors are lock you have to unlock the doors to pop the hatch from the inside button (located by drivers seat). Strange.
Can you elaborate? I think your saying that the rear hatch won't open by pushing the button by the drivers left knee if the doors are locked?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can you elaborate? I think your saying that the rear hatch won't open by pushing the button by the drivers left knee if the doors are locked?
I noticed that sometime the rear door opens and sometimes it doesn't. Good observation.

·
Registered
56 Posts

This is correct. Not sure if I'm missing something, but I've tested it a few times and always get the same result. Unlock then push the button by the drivers left knee.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
This is correct. Not sure if I'm missing something, but I've tested it a few times and always get the same result. Unlock then push the button by the drivers left knee.
I feel like this is by design and probably a safety feature.

Pressing the button by accident and having it open would be bad especially if you are driving.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes - same here. If all the doors are locked and even if you have the fob in your pocket, the rear hatch will not open by pressing the hatch button on the car unless you unlock it first.

I’ve tried all setting combinations and cannot get it to work like other keyless entry systems.

Most strange.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is going to be a little inconvenient! My Chrylser Aspen has a auto lift gate, can be opened when the doors are locked but has to be in park, otherwise it won’t open. Hmmmm, surely Subaru could have figured this out if Chrysler did wayyyyy back in 2007...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Doesn't seem to work.
I was surprised when I got mine the auto roll down was only available on the front two windows.

Auto roll down for front two windows is a competitive feature to 4Runner. Toyota pioneered the window switches and the 4Runners were always ahead of its time. Lexus has all auto on their windows but you have to pay more.

The door lock vs hatch is normal on Japanese SUVs - it has always been. It's the same on Chevy and Ford SUVs.

You'll probably think the window switch lock-out is weird, too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes - same here. If all the doors are locked and even if you have the fob in your pocket, the rear hatch will not open by pressing the hatch button on the car unless you unlock it first.

I’ve tried all setting combinations and cannot get it to work like other keyless entry systems.

Most strange.
Wait are you saying if say lock your car and go into a store then come out and the rear hatch won't open if you hit the button in the center of the hatch? Mine does this just fine and I also set the car to unlock all the other doors at the same time.

There are two buttons on the hatch one in the middle to open and unlock and another to the right that allows you to lock the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Most strange.

I have had no problems walking up to my locked card, with the fob in my purse, and opening the rear gate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ascent cannot do this.

This works on all my previous hondas. 1997 accord when inserted key in the unlock and held for a few seconds it opened the windows.

Worked on my sister's 02 Accord.

On our 2015 Odyssey and 2017 Civic Type R, pressing and holding unlock opens all the windows as well.

Tried it on the Ascent the first day of owning. Unfortunately, Ascent does not have this feature.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are two buttons on the hatch one in the middle to open and unlock and another to the right that allows you to lock the car.
Thanks for pointing out the right lock button. However, that one doesn’t work either. I’m sure it’s a minor fix and I can open the rear gate after unlocking it with the key fob, so it’s not a major defect.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It sounds like the Ascent is like my 2015 Outback. When I'm in the car and the button has been pressed to lock all doors, NONE of them will open including my driver's side door. I have to press the unlock button before any thing will open.

This is only while I'm in the vehicle. While outside I can use the key fob to do anything - open rear hatch, unlock car doors, etc. I don't have a problem with that.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Ascent cannot do this.

This works on all my previous hondas. 1997 accord when inserted key in the unlock and held for a few seconds it opened the windows.

Worked on my sister's 02 Accord.

On our 2015 Odyssey and 2017 Civic Type R, pressing and holding unlock opens all the windows as well.

Tried it on the Ascent the first day of owning. Unfortunately, Ascent does not have this feature.
The 90s and 00s+ Honda only had the feature for EX and EX V6 trim levels. Toyota had them on XLE + for the same eras.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The 90s and 00s+ Honda only had the feature for EX and EX V6 trim levels. Toyota had them on XLE + for the same eras.
My '05 Odyssey has a cool feature where I bump the lock knob with my arm on my way out of the vehicle and it quietly locks all doors as I hop out and instantly lock myself out of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts