Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few problems with the door seals when i close the drivers door and it gets to the frame there is a very small piece of seal that as the door closes this seal is so THIN that it folds inside the frame .I noticed this after a big rain and water is able to get inside this in my Opinion shoddy install the weather strip should be wider and not flimsy i see major problems anyone else see the door seal don't always seal properly??
jerry

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
I have few problems with the door seals when i close the drivers door and it gets to the frame there is a very small piece of seal that as the door closes this seal is so THIN that it folds inside the frame .I noticed this after a big rain and water is able to get inside this in my Opinion shoddy install the weather strip should be wider and not flimsy i see major problems anyone else see the door seal don't always seal properly??
jerry
Can you take a pic? There should be multiple seals, one series of which is for rain, others are for air/wind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very thin strip to the right of the driver window as you close the door there is a thin rubber seal as you close the door

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a somewhat related issue.. When rear passenger is open and you close the driver side door the rubber strip is hitting something.. It's annoying..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a somewhat related issue.. When rear passenger is open and you close the driver side door the rubber strip is hitting something.. It's annoying..
Same exact issue here. 8 passenger limited, 10/2018 build. Front door seals are somewhat floppy and when rear doors are open and you close front doors the seal hits the edge of rear door making an annoying snapping sound. Anyone have dealer successfully address this?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I just noticed the same issue on my Limited yesterday morning, after heavy rain. The rain stopped at least several hrs bc the pavement is dry. When I opened the driver door, the water immediately shed off the vertical portion, I assumed, of the door sill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts