Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the interior door panels on 2019 Ascent? I need to add sound proofing. Any recommendations on sound attenuation material? Jute? Does jute have an odor? Also, is anyone else having problems with multiple random lines of etching on the windshield and both front windows? Subaru and dealer’s response is” ... not our issue. “ we discovered the problem in a rainstorm right after we bought it. They acid washed, clay barred and sanded-made it worse!
Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
How do I remove the interior door panels on 2019 Ascent? I need to add sound proofing. Any recommendations on sound attenuation material? Jute? Does jute have an odor? Also, is anyone else having problems with multiple random lines of etching on the windshield and both front windows? Subaru and dealer’s response is” ... not our issue. “ we discovered the problem in a rainstorm right after we bought it. They acid washed, clay barred and sanded-made it worse!
Thanks, Ken
I can't get super specific, but the door panels come off like most any other car. There is a screw or two to remove (may be hidden behind a small panel), then you pop the fasteners around the perimter. Then you lift the panel off carefully and disconnect the door lock cables and any switches or lights that need to be disconnected.

I have one photo of the driver's door panel removed. It looks like there were 3 connectors, two cables, and I think one screw.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just posted a thread in DIY for installing the 2nd row sun shades which also shows how to remove the door panels. The front doors are the same procedure except you don't need to remove any trim pieces next the the glass.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/155-diy-how/6741-how-install-2nd-row-window-shades.html

While I was replacing the speakers I also added Dynamat inside all 4 doors and it did make a noticeable difference. The car was already decently quiet but now it's super quiet even at freeway speeds. I think it needs some in the roof but I'm not sure I want to take down the eyesight in order to get access up there. I cut it into strips that I slipped in through the speaker opening. That way I only had to peel a little bit of the moisture barrier in the far corner from the speaker opening. Because of the side impact crash bars you can't really get huge sheets in there anyway.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts