Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was headed to the dealership for a visit. I stopped at a rest area and as I exited and closed the door I heard a loud "thud" turned around I couldn't believe my eyes the plastic molding at the bottom of the driver's door of the SUV that I've got 10 days ago, was laying on the ground. It had come off the clips completely..... I took it to the dealer as I was headed there anyway and they put it back together but it was still loose upon further inspection they found one of the clip had broken. How ? No one could tell me. And here comes the fun part instead of just replacing the broken clip they ordered a replacement molding that'll hopefully arrive next week.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Today I was headed to the dealership for a visit. I stopped at a rest area and as I exited and closed the door I heard a loud "thud" turned around I couldn't believe my eyes the plastic molding at the bottom of the driver's door of the SUV that I've got 10 days ago, was laying on the ground. It had come off the clips completely..... I took it to the dealer as I was headed there anyway and they put it back together but it was still loose upon further inspection they found one of the clip had broken. How ? No one could tell me. And here comes the fun part instead of just replacing the broken clip they ordered a replacement molding that'll hopefully arrive next week.

Put "broken clips" in the search engine. You will see that many others have had a problem with the clips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.