Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring 2018 Outback 3.6R ( Retired)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a freak situation and I am not sure if that is normal or not. Either way it is very alarming as it might cause a safety issue.
So this happened in my 2020 touring; Engine was on, car in park, Keys in pocket, I get down to check something out and I close the door. The car auto locks and refuses to let me back in. Tried my key, the second key, all doors, all unlock buttons and nothing worked. The only way I managed to unlock the car was through the app.

I had a 2018 outback and this never happened, the car never locked when keys were not inside the car engine in or off.

Is this a known issue ? Is there something I’m missing ? Your advise, comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Today I had a freak situation and I am not sure if that is normal or not. Either way it is very alarming as it might cause a safety issue.
So this happened in my 2020 touring; Engine was on, car in park, Keys in pocket, I get down to check something out and I close the door. The car auto locks and refuses to let me back in. Tried my key, the second key, all doors, all unlock buttons and nothing worked. The only way I managed to unlock the car was through the app.

I had a 2018 outback and this never happened, the car never locked when keys were not inside the car engine in or off.

Is this a known issue ? Is there something I’m missing ? Your advise, comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring 2018 Outback 3.6R ( Retired)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for pointing me into the the right direction.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
How do you open the door without a smartphone ?
There's a key in the keyfob. If you watch my battery change video, you will see how to take out the key.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The car auto locks and refuses to let me back in. Tried my key, the second key, all doors,
all unlock buttons and nothing worked. The only way I managed to unlock the car was through the app.
I was under the impression that he did try the key and the unlock buttons. Maybe the original poster can clarify ??

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
wow, something else I had no clue about, or is that only on the app ?
All Ascents. There's a couple buttons on the right side of the tailgate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts