Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the settings on my stereo I have set my car up to unlock all the doors when the ignition is turned off it only works half the time. I'm getting tired of shutting the car off trying to get in the back door only to find out it's still locked and have to hit the key fob numerous times

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
So in the settings on my stereo I have set my car up to unlock all the doors when the ignition is turned off it only works half the time. I'm getting tired of shutting the car off trying to get in the back door only to find out it's still locked and have to hit the key fob numerous times
Turn off the car before opening a door.

Similar applies for those who have it set to unlock if the driver door is opened. Opening another door first stops the system from acting.

Don't ask me why, lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have the doors set to unlock when placed in Park. After turning the car off & coming back sometime later, I can't open the rear drive-side door; sometimes I can. Additionally, after turning the car off, sometimes I can't open the hatch,getting 3 beeps. Doesn't happen all the time, but it is annoying.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have the doors set to unlock when placed in Park. After turning the car off & coming back sometime later, I can't open the rear drive-side door; sometimes I can. Additionally, after turning the car off, sometimes I can't open the hatch,getting 3 beeps. Doesn't happen all the time, but it is annoying.
its a separate problem - not as his original post

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
I have and it still has an issue
Can you send me your settings? Or would you like me to send you mine? Exactly when do you want them to open? On turn off or when you open the driver's door?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar applies for those who have it set to unlock if the driver door is opened. Opening another door first stops the system from acting.
My wife gets annoyed with me because of this. I always seem to open my passenger door before she opens the driver door. So when she goes to open the back door to grab her purse its still locked. I wish they had programmed it differently.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts
My wife gets annoyed with me because of this. I always seem to open my passenger door before she opens the driver door. So when she goes to open the back door to grab her purse its still locked. I wish they had programmed it differently.
LMAO, I ran into this during my road trip. I too wish they'd program it differently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts