Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 122 of the 500+ page Owner's Manual says "Never leave or store the access key fob inside the vehicle or within 6.6 ft. around the vehicle"

We've had two cars with electronic key fobs. Left the fobs in the cars for years. So this is news to me.

In the last few weeks I had trouble locking/unlocking the car. Looked in the window and the dash said "Remote Key not Detected" or something like that. I replaced the CR2032 battery this morning.

Has anyone else left the fob in the car for a month or two and had similar problems?

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
Not just will it talk with the car, but it will allow someone to steal it. I posted a video in the Facebook group demonstrating the FOB continuously communicating with the car.

Also in the manual are instructions on how to temporarily disable the FOB and enable an unlock code you enter on the button on the rear lift gate.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah I got lazy, probably took the Ascent key for the first month but then mostly left it in the car (in the garage) for the next 4 months. Key battery died at month 5.
F.S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts