·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Noth of my older dogs had trouble getting into a higher car. I tried a ramp, and bbn other pet stairs. They weren't a good fit. I finally bought these. They're out of stock now, but there are very similar ones. I used them on the back and passenger door.
https://www.amazon.com/Accordion-Folding-Outdoor-Lightweight-Portable/dp/B07C1P51ZC
That looks like a nice solution. My girl can still jump in but in a year or so she'll probably need assistance. How much were these steps?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noth of my older dogs had trouble getting into a higher car. I tried a ramp, and bbn other pet stairs. They weren't a good fit. I finally bought these. They're out of stock now, but there are very similar ones. I used them on the back and passenger door.
https://www.amazon.com/Accordion-Folding-Outdoor-Lightweight-Portable/dp/B07C1P51ZC
That looks like a nice solution. My girl can still jump in but in a year or so she'll probably need assistance. How much were these steps?
$60 something. They're really light.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been on the hunt for a good set of stairs for my 8 year old pup as well. I came across those stairs before but was worried it wouldn't be very stable. I did like the fact that it's collapsible and easy to store.

I ultimately went with the solvit stairs because I needed it for an upcoming trip. Haven't tested it out yet but I'm hoping my pup is alright with it. So far the pros of it (just looking at it) is that it's pretty sturdy, quick to deploy and seems like it would be easy for the pups. The con is that it is big! It takes up a lot of space.

I also found this Dog Steps, Dog Stairs and Dog Ramps from Pet Loader . It's like a heavy duty version of the item you linked. Seems like a very well engineered item made specifically for pups. However it's pretty pricey and you need a lot of space to use it. If the solvit stairs don't work out, Ill be trying this guy out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been on the hunt for a good set of stairs for my 8 year old pup as well. I came across those stairs before but was worried it wouldn't be very stable. I did like the fact that it's collapsible and easy to store.

I ultimately went with the solvit stairs because I needed it for an upcoming trip. Haven't tested it out yet but I'm hoping my pup is alright with it. So far the pros of it (just looking at it) is that it's pretty sturdy, quick to deploy and seems like it would be easy for the pups. The con is that it is big! It takes up a lot of space.

I also found this Dog Steps, Dog Stairs and Dog Ramps from Pet Loader . It's like a heavy duty version of the item you linked. Seems like a very well engineered item made specifically for pups. However it's pretty pricey and you need a lot of space to use it. If the solvit stairs don't work out, Ill be trying this guy out.
One of my dogs has arthritic and partially torn knees. He's doing well, but not as stable as he used to be. My other boy is 130 pounds of muscle. I make sure the stairs are braced well, and they've been fine so far.

·
Registered
494 Posts
One of my dogs has arthritic and partially torn knees. He's doing well, but not as stable as he used to be. My other boy is 130 pounds of muscle. I make sure the stairs are braced well, and they've been fine so far.

Oh my mistake! I misread your original post, didn't realize you already bought it. How did you secure it? Any chance you can post pics of it when it's secured to the rear door? Or video?

My pup has arthritis in his front legs so we're on the same boat. Whatever it takes to make it easier on them. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Oh my mistake! I misread your original post, didn't realize you already bought it. How did you secure it? Any chance you can post pics of it when it's secured to the rear door? Or video?

My pup has arthritis in his front legs so we're on the same boat. Whatever it takes to make it easier on them.
It's not secured. It braces fine on the handles, like it's designed. I'll try for some pictures or video. It's a two person job if they're on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dog stands at the base of the stairs then leaps over them to get up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.