Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, tried searching the forum but can't seem to find a definite answer. Does the Limited trim come standard with 2ND Row sunshades that pull up out of the doors? Dealer told me it doesn't but Subaru's website at the bottom of building a limited makes it seem like it does along with fog lights and the homelink rearview mirror. We were looking at the Premium with the $1,460 8 passenger package but also would like sunshades and fog lights and that makes it very close to the Limited trim if it has those included especially 2nd row sunshades for our kids.

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks everyone!!! :) Anyone get the Premium trim and add in the Fog lights and 2nd row sunshades?
I have the premium and i self installed the second row sunshades. Took maybe 30 minutes total to do both. Fairly straightforward and i didn't run into any issues aside from shipping issues. The passenger side took four attempts before it arrived undamaged.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What exactly do the sunshades accomplish compared to just darker window tint? I had 35% tint applied to all my Limited windows which made the back windows nearly limo dark, and I can't see what else the window shades will do for me.

I've also never owned a car with window shades, so I'll admit maybe I'm missing something or they just make more sense in a car with light tint.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
In addition to reducing the light coming in to a lower level than whatever the tint provides, the window shades also diffuse the light/glare which can make passengers more comfortable. Think "direct sunlight" when the sun is lower in the sky and coming in from the side. It's a nice thing to have but certainly optional to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts