Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Does Subaru's Gold Plus warranty cover "wear and tear" on the electronics that run the safety features and everything? I need to figure out if that's really that warranty I should have.

Background: I signed paperwork for a 2020 Ascent Premium last night, and the finance guy told us that the Subaru warranty is 3 years, but the second 2 years they don't cover "wear and tear" so potentially the electronics could go and it would be really expensive to fix. It was 10PM, and we'd been at the dealership for 3 hours with our kids at that point, so we ended up agreeing to a 7-year dealer-backed warranty that will cover wear and tear with a $50 deductible; does not cover dings/dents or wheels/tires. It was like $2400. Today I feel like I got taken advantage of as he didn't actually discuss the Subaru Gold Plus that I am seeing all over this forum.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
1) There are some "wear" items that Subaru covers for the first year
2) Electronics are not "wear and tear" items...
3 Most extended service contracts do not cover wheels and tires or body/interior cosmetics dents/dings unless you buy an addition rider specifically for wheels/tires
4 No _ way would I ever buy a non-manufacturer extended service contract. Ever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts