Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, bad luck for me. My 2 months old ascent's tire just got damaged while I was driving on the highway. I believe it hit a metal piece or something.
Fortunately, I was able to pull the car on the side. However, the tire's side wall is totally damage and I think I need to replace it.
Since I purchased the gold plus warranty, I don't know if it covers my damaged tire. Any suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello, bad luck for me. My 2 months old ascent's tire just got damaged while I was driving on the highway. I believe it hit a metal piece or something.
Fortunately, I was able to pull the car on the side. However, the tire's side wall is totally damage and I think I need to replace it.
Since I purchased the gold plus warranty, I don't know if it covers my damaged tire. Any suggestions? thanks.

View attachment 485 View attachment 486
I believe it does. The contract material doesn't show it but it also doesn't show a breakdown of every single thing that is covered
. The two brochures I found on your question last week says it does.

·
Registered
567 Posts

See bottom of post:

A few examples of additional covered items are:
Cruise control, radio and speakers, seat belt assembly, rear window defogger, thermostat, springs, engine brackets (including power steering), gear shift levers, hand brake levers, pedals, cables and latches, locks, seat releases, heater and a/c ducts and vents, wiper arms, window tracks, guides, handles and knobs, frame, floor boards and body joints, O2 and knock sensors, CD player, power seat motors, navigational system and DVD player.

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
7 days a week, 24 hours a day! Our toll free number will help with trip routing, dealer locator services and:

• "SIGN AND DRIVE" service up to $100 per disablement to get you back on the road as quickly as possible with no cash outlay.
  • EMERGENCY DISPATCHED TOWING for covered warranty or Added Security breakdowns.
  • EMERGENCY ON-SITE ROAD SERVICE for jump start, gasoline delivery, tire change (with your good spare) and other minor repairs.
  • EMERGENCY LOCKOUT or locksmith service.
  • COMPUTERIZED TRIP ROUTING (where available)
  • LOST KEY RETRIEVAL SYSTEM, and much more.

ROAD HAZARD TIRE PROTECTION

Guards you against the costs related to tire damage from potholes, nails, glass and other road hazards not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The four original tires are covered for repairable leaks or punctures during the plan term. In the event that tire replacement is necessary, the plan will cover the prorated cost up to $300 per tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kathytn for the detail info. I also found this info when I received my VIP letter through Subaru.
However, when I contact my dealer Liberty Subaru today, my salesperson said it was no longer included, not sure when it discontinued. I am trying to find the Subaru Gold Plus customer service phone number, but can't find anything online or in my mail letter.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks Kathytn for the detail info. I also found this info when I received my VIP letter through Subaru.
However, when I contact my dealer Liberty Subaru today, my salesperson said it was no longer included, not sure when it discontinued. I am trying to find the Subaru Gold Plus customer service phone number, but can't find anything online or in my mail letter.
Interesting!!!!! "For claim authorization and/or specific component coverage inquiries 800-782-2783"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, just got off the phone with that number, customer service stated it's not include. She even asked her supervisor regarding the road hazard. However, she provided me a direct number for the added security department. 800-932-0636, will try this number later

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Round 2, got off the phone with the added security team, the gentleman stated it's not include. But when I sent him the VIP letter which clearly stated it is include, he said he will look into it and call me back later.

So, now it wonders me how good is the GOLD PLUS plan, since it is not clearly state what is covered, so basically Subaru can deny whatever they think is not cover.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Round 2, got off the phone with the added security team, the gentleman stated it's not include. But when I sent him the VIP letter which clearly stated it is include, he said he will look into it and call me back later.

So, now it wonders me how good is the GOLD PLUS plan, since it is not clearly state what is covered, so basically Subaru can deny whatever they think is not cover.
Funny, I just got off the phone with them and I am covered for it. She read it to me. When did you purchase? She put me on hold and came back and said I did have the Road Hazard Tire Protection. She pretty much read to me what my brochure said. Looking at current brochures online, that paragraph is left off the latest brochures. She did not know if or when a change was made. I purchased Sept 10, 2018

·
Registered
567 Posts
Purchased my car on March 23, 2019 along with the gold plus plan at Liberty Subaru, NJ
I noticed that my MultiShield (Dings & Dents) also covers road hazzards/tires. I wonder if they were confusing the two when she told me I was covered. Or, if that was what she meant when she said I was covered. Anxious to see what you hear back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haven't hear back anything from the added security team yet, but got email from my salesperson stated that the road hazard was ended sometime at the end of 2018, which I believe is the time that SOA increased the invoice price for the added security plan.

·
Registered
567 Posts
haven't hear back anything from the added security team yet, but got email from my salesperson stated that the road hazard was ended sometime at the end of 2018, which I believe is the time that SOA increased the invoice price for the added security plan.
There were two increases in 2018 - sometime between March and before Sept. The first one was $20 and the second one was $200. What I paid in Sept is what Luke is still selling at today.

Did they say anything out your letter that mentioned it? Did that letter come from Subaru? If not, I think you are out of luck :-(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were two increases in 2018 - sometime between March and before Sept. The first one was $20 and the second one was $200. What I paid in Sept is what Luke is still selling at today.

Did they say anything out your letter that mentioned it? Did that letter come from Subaru? If not, I think you are out of luck :-(
The road hazard protection is clearly listed inside the VIP letter package that I received from Subaru, which I forwarded it to the added security team yesterday, hopefully they will keep their word.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The road hazard protection is clearly listed inside the VIP letter package that I received from Subaru, which I forwarded it to the added security team yesterday, hopefully they will keep their word.

View attachment 500
Good you had that. BTW, if you go to the website now, that is no longer showing. One of the brochures I have is nearly idential to the one showing on the website (same format) but without the Road Hazard

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good you had that. BTW, if you go to the website now, that is no longer showing. One of the brochures I have is nearly idential to the one showing on the website (same format) but without the Road Hazard
Hopefully Subaru will reply me soon, I really don't want to drive around with the spare tire.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hopefully Subaru will reply me soon, I really don't want to drive around with the spare tire.
Update: So, I guess when they told me on the phone that I was covered, that they meant under the Dings & Dent warranty that I also purchased. Prior to calling them, I had sent an e-mail. I just received this reply, hopefully you'll at least get this, your letter should be as good as my brochure.

"Thank you for contacting Subaru.

We appreciate you taking the time to email us. I checked with our Added Security Manager and this coverage was dropped in August 2017. The brochure(s) that were provided to you were outdated. I am sorry for any confusion surrounding this matter. I will be sure to contact the retailer to ensure that these brochures are pulled for their shelves. I am documenting this situation in our database and should you experience any type of issue with the tires on your vehicle, we would like to be of assistance so please do not hesitate to recontact us. "

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: So, I guess when they told me on the phone that I was covered, that they meant under the Dings & Dent warranty that I also purchased. Prior to calling them, I had sent an e-mail. I just received this reply, hopefully you'll at least get this, your letter should be as good as my brochure.

"Thank you for contacting Subaru.

We appreciate you taking the time to email us. I checked with our Added Security Manager and this coverage was dropped in August 2017. The brochure(s) that were provided to you were outdated. I am sorry for any confusion surrounding this matter. I will be sure to contact the retailer to ensure that these brochures are pulled for their shelves. I am documenting this situation in our database and should you experience any type of issue with the tires on your vehicle, we would like to be of assistance so please do not hesitate to recontact us. "
Update: Subaru contacted me that they will honor the deal as a one time courtesy since the VIP team sent out outdated brochures, so now I can get the tire replaced.

FYI, I also sent a email to VIP team, they just stated that “The information in our VIP packet is subject to change and our Customer Service team has the most current information.” But anyway, I am happy that I can get the tire replaced.

Thanks for all the feedback, especially Kathyth. Also, don’t make the mistake like I did, please go through all the paperwork before signing. I thought the road hazard is included because I read so much on the internet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts