Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Ascent for about 2 weeks, and I have noticed one time when I was coming up to a red light, (with no cars in front of me), and I got an alert on the dashboard. Then a few days ago, I was approaching a yellow light, again with no one in front of me, and I got another alert.

Does anyone know if Eyesight is designed to monitor traffic lights?

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Can you describe the alert?
It definitely does not see traffic lights, but if you're going slow enough on ACC it'll see a car stopped there and stop behind it (usually less than 30mph).
Lane departure or lane keep has a tendency to turn off near intersections where the lines get confusing for it. It'll give you a warning when it turns itself off also.
Thats all i've got!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had my Ascent for about 2 weeks, and I have noticed one time when I was coming up to a red light, (with no cars in front of me), and I got an alert on the dashboard. Then a few days ago, I was approaching a yellow light, again with no one in front of me, and I got another alert.

Does anyone know if Eyesight is designed to monitor traffic lights?
Was it a very sunny day?

I've had the alert go off a few times when there was a serious amount of glare.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
This.

can you describe the alert?
It definitely does not see traffic lights, but if you're going slow enough on acc it'll see a car stopped there and stop behind it (usually less than 30mph).
Lane departure or lane keep has a tendency to turn off near intersections where the lines get confusing for it. It'll give you a warning when it turns itself off also.
Thats all i've got!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a warning on the dash in the screen between the dials. Said there was some kind of obstacle. It all happened very quickly, and I was watching the road, not the dash.

That's about all I can add, which is why I got on here and asked the question.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I saw a warning on the dash in the screen between the dials. Said there was some kind of obstacle. It all happened very quickly, and I was watching the road, not the dash.

That can happen if there's a bend in the road and it looks like you'd hit something if you continue to go straight. Things like pylons in the road for re-routing traffic also tend to set off Eyesight as an "obstacle detected". I even get the warning if I'm pulling into the garage too fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just experienced this too in a 2019 Outback going thru a bit of a stale yellow. Was curious as well as in my experience there was no traffic and an intersection where it has not happened before until this stale yellow instance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if yes it does see them. But it’s probably like the older fords did. They didn’t officially stop for crash protection but if something bad was coming there was code in the software that would nail the brakes. They are working on it though so the fact some code is there and it does see it sometimes is just a plus.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Haven't had anything like this happen in mine and I drive downtown with lights everywhere. Now the system does have issues at times when the road is curvy and will say I'm going to hit something because I haven't started the turn yet.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I just wanted to make sure this is clear for everyone who comes to the forum and reads this thread, so no one has incorrect expectations.

Eyesight absolutely positively does NOTHING for traffic lights or ANY traffic control device. No warnings, no actions.

Any Eyesight flashing light or warning has to do with lane detection, lane departure, lane keep assist, or it seeing an obstacle that triggers the pre collision braking/warning system.

Anything else is incorrect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.