Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is always tucked away in my garage at night. I live in the woods so even if parked outside we don’t get visitors. I was just wondering if overnight anyone leaves their keys in the ascent? If so do you notice it draining the battery of your key? I haven’t done this yet I was just wondering if anyone has before I do it.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
I'm assuming you have the FOB for push button start, if you do it can be put to sleep by holding down the FOB lock button while you press the FOB unlock button 2 times. You will see the FOB red LED flash 4 times to confirm. Now the Ascent can't see it so you can leave it inside, however, you can also lock it inside by accident this way. Luckily, the phone app can unlock your car if that happens.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The user manual states it will disable to keyless access function to conserve the key fob and car battery if the key fob is left in the "operating range" for 10 min or longer.(page 127, "Power saving function") I would assume the "operating range" includes inside the vehicle even though the diagram on page 122 only shows the range outside the vehicle.

Edit: Personally I would do what Gary suggested just to be safe. Or if its more convenient you could buy a Faraday bag and put your key fob in there then leave that in your car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The user manual states it will disable to keyless access function to conserve the key fob and car battery if the key fob is left in the "operating range" for 10 min or longer.(page 127, "Power saving function") I would assume the "operating range" includes inside the vehicle even though the diagram on page 122 only shows the range outside the vehicle.

Edit: Personally I would do what Gary suggested just to be safe. Or if its more convenient you could buy a Faraday bag and put your key fob in there then leave that in your car.

Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking back at the owners manual, I should add that it also gives a warning to not leave the keys in or around the vehicle as it can cause battery drain (page 120). The part that states it disables the keyless access function to conserve battery mentions that the doors must be locked for this to happen. And from what it seems you cannot easily lock the vehicle with the keys in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.