Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
........why the third row windows are different shapes? I would have never noticed this, but I bought the sun shades that snap into the third row windows. And when I got them, they were definitely different shapes. I have looked at the interior and can't figure out why they need to be the different shape. Just wondering.......
edit; How many owners that have not put the shades in have even noticed the difference?
This will help explain what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, they are definitely a different shape. These shades were an included option on my Ascent. I noticed the difference when I tried installing. I went back to the dealer to check on this. They checked a new pair in the parts department, and found the same difference. They couldn't explain why. I did finally install them, but it was challenging. It is definitely strange that the rear side windows would not be the same shape! Just looking at the design/dimensions of the car in the rear, I couldn't see a reason why they should be different? Wonder if this is a manufacturing defect/oversight?

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,285 Posts
Yes, the D-pillar is thicker on one side compared with the other. I don't know for sure, but I imagine this is where the air supply duct runs for the overhead air vents. They have to get that air up there somehow, and none of the other pillars are thick enough for that in my opinion. The rear HVAC unit probably sits in one of the rear corners, which would be the source for the supply line.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Yes, the D-pillar is thicker on one side compared with the other. I don't know for sure, but I imagine this is where the air supply duct runs for the overhead air vents. They have to get that air up there somehow, and none of the other pillars are thick enough for that in my opinion. The rear HVAC unit probably sits in one of the rear corners, which would be the source for the supply line.
Makes sense to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts