Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching online, and in these forums and I cannot pin down the answer on this definitively. Does the 2020 Ascent Touring with the factory installed towing package, including the 7-pin connector, have a trailer brake controller, or is that something I need to purchase and install separately?

I have been hoping that when I plug in the 7-pin connector there would be a magical screen that would show up and have several towing related settings and metrics. It is starting to seem like this is not true.

I will be taking delivery of an 1800 lb teardrop travel trailer equipped with trailer brakes in late September and want to be fully prepared to safely tow the trailer home.

If I do need a brake controller, is this the right option? https://www.etrailer.com/multi-prod...5732&HHYear=2020&HHMake=Subaru&HHModel=Ascent

Is there a Subaru OEM brake controller that a dealership can install?

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
You have to plug your brake controller into the plug behind the trim by the drivers left foot. There is no built in trailer brake controller unfortunately.

Post #6 in this thread shows the plug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to plug your brake controller into the plug behind the trim by the drivers left foot. There is no built in trailer brake controller unfortunately.

Post #6 in this thread shows the plug
Thank you for that quick response! I found that connector, so if I need to do it myself, it looks pretty straight forward.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,841 Posts
Lots of threads about brake controllers in this forum area...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts