Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here made a DIY rack similar to Prinsu’s out of extruded aluminum? I’m debating and brainstorming ideas for one. I can’t bring myself to pay for the Prinsu and I don’t want to tear apart my interior to install one.

Tnutz has extrusions specifically for Prinsu racks.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium
35 Posts
I made a removable 80/20 rack for my Land Cruiser with the intent to move it to the Ascent. I am still trying to find the best way to secure them to the rails. The few options I have tried are relatively secure but not good enough to use for heavy objects etc. and it is t worth testing it and being wrong
Tire Wheel Car Sky Plant
Building Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Asphalt

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium
35 Posts
Hood Vehicle Light Automotive lighting Car

Wood Automotive lighting Automotive design Tints and shades Gas

Hood Lighting Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Stairs Automotive design Automotive tire Musical instrument

Added the 8020 bars to the roof for my own ‘modified Prinsu’ to support a platform. I had to create the brackets (metal bottom bracket, carriage bolts, pvc covers so the bolts don’t scratch the rails) to secure it to the bars so it could be removed without damaging /changing the stock roof set up. It is solid and I am super pleased at the end results. Highly recommend this as a sturdy low-profile option for a roof rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts