Subaru Ascent Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks great, Apmorcate! I'm glad you like them! They should keep things more tidy as well as better protected.

Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your screens do look good but I was bored so i took it upon myself to do ours. We just got it last Saturday so there were next to no bugs and no damage so I found some extruded aluminum mesh at the hardware store that was meant for a storm door and used that for material. Its secured with stainless steel wire in the aviation safety wire twist method. It was a fiddle but it turned out well.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks great, Alec! I'm all for DIY, heck it is how I started out.... One thought- you might want to get some edge trim of some sort and put it around the pieces to protect the plastic of the bumper cover a bit. The sharp edge of the expanded metal screen may scratch the plastic up a good bit over time. HTH!

Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thx Scarlett. I had thought about that but I turned the tails on the cut ends down so they aren’t sharp and they are held pretty firmly so hopefully they don’t move in the wind. You’re right to be concerned though and for the center gap I am trying to come up with something to slip in between the mesh and the facia.
Cheers!
SA

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can buy some edge trim at most autoparts stores. But most of the time you need to buy a 15 or 20' roll of it. If you are only looking to do the 4 vertical edges in the center, I have some 3"+ scraps that I can send you. no charge, they are just scraps that i keep around for odds and ends.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I To am very interested in the intercooler Screen for my 2020 Ascent Touring , Please put me on your list and if you could inform me when an how much, and how to repay . Thanks Schatza

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just rec’d and installed turbo/inter-cooler screen. After straightening the screen by hand and by eye, she droppped in-place perfectly. The SS screen has a nice heft to it. Seems to be of good quality.
its getting dark . . . I’ll do the lower screen in the AM before I take on the world :ROFLMAO:

TY Steve

ps, Now, if you could only devise something to deflect debris from my windshield!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm glad you like it, GlenDogg! The stainless is neat stuff for the IntercoolerScreen. The grill screen needs to hide down there, so the black expanded metal screening is a better choice for that location.

Windshield protection? Got to think about that some. But a few possibilities come to mind.

Steve

·
Registered
99 Posts
@Scarlett will both your inter cooler and ascent screen fit the 2021 Ascent? I would think so, but thought I’d double check first.
Great question! I'm pretty sure I have sold a few sets of these to folks that already have 21s, but I did take a few minutes to do a little research just to be absolutely sure. The Ascent debuted for 2018 and has not been significantly updated yet, I also checked on the Subaru website and the pictures they are using for the 20 and 21 Ascents are the same ones. So, yes, the screens should fit the 2021 without issue.

I've got them here and ready to go.

HTH,

Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great question! I'm pretty sure I have sold a few sets of these to folks that already have 21s, but I did take a few minutes to do a little research just to be absolutely sure. The Ascent debuted for 2018 and has not been significantly updated yet, I also checked on the Subaru website and the pictures they are using for the 20 and 21 Ascents are the same ones. So, yes, the screens should fit the 2021 without issue.

I've got them here and ready to go.

HTH,

Steve
Ok thanks!! I’m definitely interested. I just placed a factory order so probably won’t have my Ascent for 2 months or so. Will you still be selling these in October or November?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok thanks!! I’m definitely interested. I just placed a factory order so probably won’t have my Ascent for 2 months or so. Will you still be selling these in October or November?
Absolutely! I will continue to make them as long as folks need. You can send me an email or PM me through this site, whatever is best for you.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts