Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone try it? Spray and align, probably a 2 person job but way cheaper than having someone else do it.

https://carprotectionpros.com/2019-...ont-bumper-kit?search=Ascent&description=true
I apply the film on all of my family's new cars. It's not as easy as just spray and align. There are contours and valleys to contend with. It's not for everyone to do on their own. They key to applying is to keep your hands and the material well covered with slip solution until your ready to squeegee in permanent position. I always apply the headligh kits...those can be challenging and almost require a second set of hands.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone try it? Spray and align, probably a 2 person job but way cheaper than having someone else do it.

https://carprotectionpros.com/2019-...ont-bumper-kit?search=Ascent&description=true
I apply the film on all of my family's new cars. It's not as easy as just spray and align. There are contours and valleys to contend with. It's not for everyone to do on their own. They key to applying is to keep your hands and the material well covered with slip solution until your ready to squeegee in permanent position. I always apply the headligh kits...those can be challenging and almost require a second set of hands.
Thanks! From what I’ve been reading no one recommends it as a DIY after they’ve tried it. Gonna give it a try with a buddy or two and lots of solution

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks! From what I’ve been reading no one recommends it as a DIY after they’ve tried it. Gonna give it a try with a buddy or two and lots of solution
honestly, it's worth it to pay someone who does it for a living. Particularly if you have to get in with a heat gun to stretch and contour around body lines.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just wanted to provide an update to recent use of Invisiblemask paint protection film. I have installed twelve of these kits over the past several years for family and friends and never experienced an issue....until the last installation. Every piece of film installed without problem. No bubbles, wrinkles or positioning issue. After the install, I was inspecting the panels and found a couple greyish streaks on the film that was on the underside of the film in the glue coat. There was a definite manufacturing defect in the glue layer. That is noticeable on the with the white paint background of the hood. I contacted invisiblemask customer support and sent pics. I was told it was an install problem and not a product defect and subsequently bid a Warranty issue..... huh? The hood was meticulously cleaned and the there was no direct contact with the glue layer and the top surface was pristine with no marring. bottom line is after using their product for twelve installs without any problem, invisible mask will not honor their product warranty despite an obvious quality issue In the material and having photo evidence the install was flawless.

i found another seller of precut PPF kits that actually will Add extra material coverage on the hood free of charge and free shipping......at a lower cost

considering this is the first product issue I encountered with Invisiblemask product and they refused to honor their warranty, I can no longer recommend their products.

For those DIY‘era our they that can install their own PPF, ya should avoid this seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts