Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife’s ascent was just recently hit as well. Distracted driver crossed the yellow line and struck the drivers side and tore the whole rear axle and dislodged the bumper. No air bags deployed. They ended up totaling mainly because of the technology and sensors that were affected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far it just seems like everything is moving so slowly, and I'm sure the holiday won't help.
Yeah it’s definitely a drawn out process. We are about a month in and still waiting for our check. Insurance covered a rental and we are fortunate we were able to purchase a new vehicle without needing the payout.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
You do not need the other driver's insurance to pay for a rental. It is the driver that is at fault and he/she has the contract with their insurance company, not you. They are ultimately responsible to make you whole, and that includes rental. so take care of yourself and then go after the driver if their insurance company does not play nice. you do not need to do anything with their insurance company. Their insurance company has a sole obligation to their client and of course to minimize the cash outlay in doing so.

I would contact the driver and let them know very clearly that they need to communicate with their insurance company to make sure you are taken care of otherwise they will find themselves in court.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do not need the other driver's insurance to pay for a rental. It is the driver that is at fault and he/she has the contract with their insurance company, not you. They are ultimately responsible to make you whole, and that includes rental. so take care of yourself and then go after the driver if their insurance company does not play nice. you do not need to do anything with their insurance company. Their insurance company has a sole obligation to their client and of course to minimize the cash outlay in doing so.

I would contact the driver and let them know very clearly that they need to communicate with their insurance company to make sure you are taken care of otherwise they will find themselves in court.
Correct. My insurance company acted as a broker for all the dealings. They immediately set us up with a rental that we picked up the next morning and they got paid out of the settlement that the at fault drivers insurance paid.

We ended up with the Hyundai Palisade. I was tempted to trade in my 2015 Legacy for a new Ascent with the 0% financing offer until Jan 4th but there were none on the lot that I liked and it would be at least 30 days to order one. Our dealer couldn't guarantee that once the car came in the 0% would still be available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts