Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is displayed in the display pod sitting centered on top of the dash? I was able to check out an Ascent at a show yesterday but the rep didn't know the answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I've gathered, it is a multi-function display that'll display things like clock, outside temp, fuel econ states, etc. It's also used for the front-view camera (the smart rear-view displays on the entire rear-view mirror).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have to admit - I'm a sucker for those little gauge pods. I'm curious to see one operating.

·
Registered
967 Posts
What exactly is displayed in the display pod sitting centered on top of the dash? I was able to check out an Ascent at a show yesterday but the rep didn't know the answer.
Go look at multi-function display (MFD) on a 2018 Limited Impreza. It's VERY similar in functionality, showing you the Travel Link stuff, maintenance, fuel economy, vehicle display with angle of tilt and such.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Smart rear-view and front-view (Touring only) cameras maybe?
Smart rear view will be in the rear view mirror, but that is where the screen for the 180 degree front view will be. Note that front view is ONLY active at 10 mph or less. (Just found that out about 15 minutes ago.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts