Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual showed a list of things I can choose to display on the upper screen on my Touring. One I think was the engine oil temp. I wish I had the book with me right now, but I've been unable to customize anything on that display. I'm missing something key and unclear what.

I also wanted to search the forum and don't see a "search the forums," so maybe I should just rethink getting up this morning, but just in case, is there a link where this is shown or discussed or the steps to customize things on that upper screen?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would be curious to know what full operating temperature is.

In my turbo 2.5s it is about 5-10 deg F above coolant. Under loads or being pushed oil pushes past the 169* tstat I have in the car with the auxiliary oil cooler.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some mfr that tout long drain intervals will have the oil exceed 212 by design in order to boil off any moisture.

If it had the readouts, I’d be happy with oil temp, coolant temp, and trans temp. I’ll have to settle for oil temp, which showed mid-190s on the display this afternoon.

Does Subaru fill with synthetic engine oil as delivered?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.