Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the lack of full warranty- 3 years really. I did opt to pay for the 7 yr warranty.
The passenger side seat sucks, very limited features for the passenger!!!

Why can’t you open the trunk/ hatch to load the back up when the car is on?

I can’t open my back up!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 years is pretty standard in the industry. What's missing from the passenger seat?

You can open the hatch while the car is on. Did you make sure to unlock the doors?
Well, everything that the driver has at least what my 2nd captain chairs have- very little controls- to have a better & comfy ride.
I have tried numerous times to unlock/open the hatch while on- never opens at all, then yesterday it stopped opening (locked/unlocked/on/off).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, everything that the driver has at least what my 2nd captain chairs have- very little controls- to have a better & comfy ride.
I have tried numerous times to unlock/open the hatch while on- never opens at all, then yesterday it stopped opening (locked/unlocked/on/off).
I have been trying to learn from the manual and You Tube videos- but they kinda skip over the whole unlocking the hatch while vehicle is on and issues.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Rear hatch activation requires the vehicle to be in park and the doors unlocked. At that point, you can open it with the button on the dash (hold it in for a couple seconds) or the fob (hold the button in for a few seconds) or by touching the button on the lift-gate under the recess above the license plate.

A corollary to this is that your doors must also be unlocked to be able to open the fuel door...just in case you run into that one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ah I see. Yes I believe the passenger seat has 4-way power adjustments on the Limited and Touring, and manual adjustments on the Premium and Base. I have a Premium and have been able to get very comfortable on long road trips, but if you’re used to a very specific seat position I could see that being an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts