Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I arrived for my seasonal tire change this morning (I had an appointment), and was told they are only doing essential services which does not include tire change outs. I reminded the employee that I had an appointment so they took me in for the change. Of course all of this is due to the virus response. Other changes include you driving the vehicle into the bay and they do not enter the vehicle to record mileage. Air checks, new tire sales, tire repair continue as usual.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They would not do my rotation and balance. I get it. We are living in strange times....
I thought the policy was a bit restrictive since they could simply close their waiting room. The bay work could still go on with social distancing in place. I also thought they missed the boat by not contacting those with existing appointments to inform them of a policy change. Ultimately, I got it done, so all is good but my son's Imprezza will have to wait. The "essential" work is based on impact to safety on the road.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
55 Posts
I'm quite surprised they are having customers drive vehicles into the bay! That's usually cited as an insurance risk.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm quite surprised they are having customers drive vehicles into the bay! That's usually cited as an insurance risk.
You are correct, that was the original concern but I guess risk assessment has changed. They are guided in and out by the staff. Even keys are no longer handled. If they hold onto keys for a larger job for which someone is not waiting, they are placed in a clear plastic bag. In general, they avoid all contact with potential contaminated surfaces and customers. They had three staff members inside and about five working in the bays.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
We drive into the "valet" bay at mine. They have drivers who then drive it into the service bay. I wonder if that's what's going on?

I still have a thousand miles for my next oil change. Funnily enough, I thought I'd have done it by now, but, with working from home, I have racked up under a whopping 20 miles doing grocery shopping for my mom and for myself, and picking up one prescription. I should have racked up another 800 miles by now, and been heading in for the oil change already.

So, I guess that worked out for me.

Anyways, stay safe, everyone.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No valet bays exist around here. We drive right onto lift.
We drive into the "valet" bay at mine. They have drivers who then drive it into the service bay. I wonder if that's what's going on?

I still have a thousand miles for my next oil change. Funnily enough, I thought I'd have done it by now, but, with working from home, I have racked up under a whopping 20 miles doing grocery shopping for my mom and for myself, and picking up one prescription. I should have racked up another 800 miles by now, and been heading in for the oil change already.

So, I guess that worked out for me.

Anyways, stay safe, everyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
No valet bays exist around here. We drive right onto lift.
Ugh, ignore my post. I was reading another post elsewhere about dealerships and responding to the wrong comment in the wrong thread. :oops:

Time for more coffee. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was able to get a tire repaired at a local DT on Friday, but yes they are refusing all non-essential (safety) work. I understand that for many this is an inconvenience but understandable in order to minimize traffic into the stores at a time when many of us have been directed to stay home

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was just in/out of my local DT (central florida area) yesterday for a last minute emergency tire replacement due to sidewall puncture. First time having anything done there, and I was really impressed with their operation and cleanliness. I used to be a boat mechanic, and can appreciate the organized chaos of a shop. I can appreciate it even more when clean and tidy. They're now my new "go-to" for any tire service in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts