Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I didn't see it either but it was listed on Costco Auto's built options. So I asked about it and it's evidently new this year. My order sheet lists the part number as 0UH. $299 retail, $194 invoice.
I don't know that it will get used every day, I've never had Android auto before but I've heard you can't wireless charge while using it. But, when we're taking longer drives as a family it'll be nice to be able to charge one of the phones.
Hmm very good to know. Hopefully it's something I can add later on.

I've heard the same regarding Carplay and Apple. That is, only a few makers support "Wireless Carplay / Android Auto" for now. So hopefully soon we can have wireless charging + wireless CarPlay / Android Auto

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,171 Posts
So hopefully soon we can have wireless charging + wireless CarPlay / Android Auto
Don't hold your breath... ;) It will require all new hardware. Maybe that will happen with the MY22 mid-cycle refresh, but there's no assurance of that.

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you all think of the following? This is for 2020 Limited with Tech package and #2A, (roof rails, sun shade and also Cargo box his is the $989 aftermarket charge on this invoice). the 44.2K includes the tech pkg and #2A. I feel like they can do better based on what i am seeing on this forum but I know the deals are also localized. This is in Austin TX. Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why wouldn't you simply plug into one of the other many ports for charging? My guess it is that it is a slower charging than the plug in which in of itself is not a fast charger.
I think the speed depends on power source, I know my home wireless charger is much slower if it isn't hooked to a fast charging plug. Other than that, we just don't like the clutter of extra cords. And there are quite a few rumors that Apple is moving toward getting rid of the charging port altogether. If phones are entirely wireless in a few years, the wireless charger will be nice to have. Of course, at that point we'd have a whole other issue with carplay and Android auto....

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
We are at the very end of the 2020's. I think you should be able to do better than 10% off MSRP. I would hope for at least another $1000 off. Good luck.
Don't assume that pricing will be better on MY20 with the current supply situation. Remember, the factory was shut down for almost two months. It really depends upon a bunch of factors, not just model year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went to 4 different dealers in the NJ (Victory Subaru, World Subaru, Paul Miller, Hackettstown, Morristown) area for 2020 Limited w/ tech package and so far the best deal i could get was from World Subaru for around $39k with the $500 rebate.

Anyone else seeing this? doesn't look like they are budging anymore on price. Max they were taking off on a Touring was $3-4K off MSRP which didn't seem worth it to me.

Also, do you think the 0% APR will last until after AUG 31? i'm selling my car and the damn title from subaru is stuck in limbo so i'm not sure if i can solidify this deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BTW, i'm new to this forum but i've owned multiple subarus. Been a member on RS25.com and NASIOC since 2001 and have owned 6 subarus -

My Cars: 97 ImprezaOutback Sport, 06 Baja Turbo, 08 Forester Sport XT, 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium 6MT,

Wife's Cars: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium, 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Went to 4 different dealers in the NJ (Victory Subaru, World Subaru, Paul Miller, Hackettstown, Morristown) area for 2020 Limited w/ tech package
Perhaps you'll give Dan at forum sponsor Liberty Subaru a call and see how he can help you with this task... ;) See the vendor section for contact information.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
just left him a message on his voicemail. It's a bit far from where i live, but i'll give him a ring. Thanks, Jim!
Don't worry about a few extra miles to drive for "the deal". Buy on price; service local.

·
Registered
12 Posts
looks like the only Ascent i was interested in was in the process of being sold. looks like i'll be going with World. Dan was awesome to deal with though. so anyone on this thread who deals with Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ - definitely recommended for customer service. i'll chime back in once my deal is finalized.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited with Technology
7 Posts
What do you all think of the following? This is for 2020 Limited with Tech package and #2A, (roof rails, sun shade and also Cargo box his is the $989 aftermarket charge on this invoice). the 44.2K includes the tech pkg and #2A. I feel like they can do better based on what i am seeing on this forum but I know the deals are also localized. This is in Austin TX. Thanks in advance everyone!
two hour drive south to Gillman Subaru North... Contact Trent! He will be that deal by probably a couple of thousand dollars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone get a solid deal in the New England area? I've been getting quotes in the 5-9% off range. Doesn't seem worth it for a 2020 that is already a 1 year depreciated.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Anyone get a solid deal in the New England area? I've been getting quotes in the 5-9% off range. Doesn't seem worth it for a 2020 that is already a 1 year depreciated.
New England is set up differently for Subaru...there's a distributor for that area that sells the vehicles to the dealers and their pricing isn't necessarily the same as when SOA sells to dealers in other areas.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think May and June was the best time for Subaru discounts considering the plant shut down and dealerships were having a hard time selling due to people not being able to go to the dealerships and being scared to buy. now since summer has opened, some/most business are back to "business as usual" mode but still trying to recoup their losses from the first few months of when COVID hit. which is probably why we aren't seeing great deals. There are also not a lot of rebates and coupons floating around. My wife had Loyalty Coupon and Dallas Car show coupon. I tried to get the dallas car show coupon but it was no longer valid. and my loyalty coupon was only 500 vs her 750.

My wife got an Outback Onyx XT at 13% off MSRP which at the time i thought was really good. I'm only getting about 10% on this Ascent purchase, but at 0% APR you can't really go wrong. I was looking at Tellurides and Palisades but those are still marked up or still selling at MSRP with no discounts available.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes, sales in some areas came to a stand-still due to the pandemic. But so did production. There's really been no "glut" of MY20 vehicles in most places. Subaru pricing stays relatively stable "no matter what" for whatever reason. And MY21 vehicles (at least for Ascent) are already being delivered to customers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at a CPO 2020 Ascent Touring for 37800 + ttl with 15k miles on the clock. Liking the 2020 Touring trim for primarily the power folding mirrors and front camera, otherwise, an 8-seater Limited would also be practical but without the extra bells and whistles of the the Touring. Does this seem like a good deal? Mulling over it before I take the long drive to the dealer. I'm in the Midwest for reference.

1401 - 1420 of 1424 Posts