Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1381 - 1390 of 1390 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
We picked up our 2020 Ascent Limited ~2 weeks ago. MSRP was $40,557 and we paid $36,050. With taxes it was $38,040 out the door.

Did everything online including the trade-in value. Only in-person was dropping off the old car and picking up the new car. Car buying is slowly being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Still find it annoying how long you have to sit around and wait for "the finance guy" to get your paperwork together when all the numbers were already negotiated and agreed upon and you have an appointment. In and out in 45 minutes isn't terrible but could easily have been 15 minutes.
My next purchase will be all online/phone for sure. I'll come in to get the keys or better yet have them drop the car off at my house. The finance guy does the forms on the spot because they hope the numbers they negotiated aren't the ones you end up leaving with when you go to pick up the car and sign your name.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered my Premium 8 seat w/ Package 12 in June and was delivered yesterday. Port options I added are:

• Hitch
  • Rockford Fosgate upgrade
  • Auto Dim side mirrors
  • All weather mats
  • Cargo tray
  • Cargo cover
  • Cargo net
  • Rear seatback protectors
  • Bumper cover
MSRP: $38,960
Purchase Price: $34,622.46
Subaru Loyalty Coupon: -500
Dealer Fees, OR tax, license and reg: 967.06
Final out the door total: $35,089

The purchase price is what the dealer offered out the gate and I didn't end up negotiating more (maybe my mistake?). I felt like I got a good deal and a couple hundred more was not worth the effort. I shopped the price around other dealers in the PDX metro area and no one would respond to me after I told them the price I was getting from the first dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With a 15% discount, I am sure other prospective buyers would love to know more of the nitty gritty on your deal. I am also in Colorado. In reviewing inventory in the region, I have found some Touring models that have been sitting on lots for quite some time, probably pre-factory shutdown (pictures still show snow on the pavement). Did you buy one of the these? Or are you some sort of VIP at Valley that would allow such a deep deep discount?
We took delivery of a CWP Limited 7 seater back in the middle of June.
  • MSRP was $41,236,
  • Selling price $36,566; no dealer handling.
  • $500 loyalty.
  • TTL - $1,917
  • OTD - $38,483
Used true car after the volume dealer here in the Springs (whom I’ve bought 3 other Subie’s from) started at invoice of $38,316 and wouldn’t move much. This package included LED’s, splash guards, rear bumper cover, auto dim ext mirror and all weather mats.

Dealer used in Denver was a no haggle price dealer, first experience with them. Spoke to the salesperson the whole time via text and a phone call. Deal consummated at 3:30p; car delivered right to our house outside of Colorado Springs same day at 7p.

Easiest car purchase ever. Salesperson took care of everything start to finish including hammering out financing and the optional stuff.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
6 Posts
Picked up a 2020 Touring Friday for $5300 off MSRP and took the 0% financing for 63 months. Would have been $6800 if I did not take the financing. Happy with that deal.

2021 Ascent Touring
1 Posts
Ordered a 2021 Touring w/Package 2A. I had VIP pricing thru ASPCA and now I'm wondering what the benefits of the VIP Pricing is because it cost me $500 to ASPCA and I only got 2% off which is only $964. I always thought the VIP pricing was $2000 off MSRP? Options I added are:

• Aero Crossbar Set
  • Rear Seatback Protector - 3rd row bench
  • Sunshade for 3rd row
  • USB Charging ports
  • Rear Seatback Protector - 2nd Row Captains Chairs
  • Remote Engine Start
MSRP: $48,233
ASPCA VIP: $965
Purchase Price: $47,269
Dealer Fees, OR tax, license and reg: $1050

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,986 Posts
VIP pricing varies with the Partner organization, but is typically 2% below invoice for both the vehicle and any accessories ordered at the same time or invoice price. Available incentives still apply in most cases. Some specific vehicles are not part of the program. There are other options to ASPCA to get 2%, such as the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society annual membership of $60. There is a waiting period now for PHS if you only pay the regular membership, but you can get VIP "immediately" if you pony up the same $500 as ASPCA.

My local dealer gives repeat customers 2% off invoice without the certificate, Some dealers give better pricing than 2% below invoice as a matter of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all the good people of this forum. I am a newbie to this forum. I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful information. I would especially like to thank @ Whatdude17 for all his advice. I followed it to the tee and went to the same dealer and bought my first Subaru yesterday. Would not have been able to pull this off without all this wealth of information on this forum.

2020 Subaru Limited 8 passenger with technology package and popular 2 with added accessories
2020 Ascent Limited - 8 Pass CVT
MGM Magnetite Gray Metallic
BLC Black
Option Package 23
Harman Kardon w/ Quantum Logic Surround
Sound System & 14 Speakers
Panoramic Power Moonroof w/ Retractable
Sun Shade
Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Navigation
System
Cargo Area Cover, Stowable
AAC Popular Package #2
09U Ext Auto Dim Mirror
0BZ Rear Bumper Cover
0MP All Weather Floor Liners
0C6 Splash Guards
0CD Cargo Tray
0CC Cargo Net - Rear
0CH Rear Seat Back Protector
0CK Sun Shade - 3rd Row
0D1 USB Charge Port - 3rd Row
0M5 Body Side Molding
0MB Sun Shade

MSRP: $44,885
Cash Offer: $36,725 ($8,160 off msrp 18% discount)
Plus CA taxes and DMV fees.
Got the Gold Plus Extended warrant 10/100 with $0 ded for $2150/- (paid more than the $1750 people talked about on this forum but i could not get $1750 from any CA dealer)

Thank you once again to @whatdude17 and the rest of the folks on this forum to make things easier for us newbies to buy a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to all the good people of this forum. I am a newbie to this forum. I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful information. I would especially like to thank @ Whatdude17 for all his advice. I followed it to the tee and went to the same dealer and bought my first Subaru yesterday. Would not have been able to pull this off without all this wealth of information on this forum.

2020 Subaru Limited 8 passenger with technology package and popular 2 with added accessories
2020 Ascent Limited - 8 Pass CVT
MGM Magnetite Gray Metallic
BLC Black
Option Package 23
Harman Kardon w/ Quantum Logic Surround
Sound System & 14 Speakers
Panoramic Power Moonroof w/ Retractable
Sun Shade
Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Navigation
System
Cargo Area Cover, Stowable
AAC Popular Package #2
09U Ext Auto Dim Mirror
0BZ Rear Bumper Cover
0MP All Weather Floor Liners
0C6 Splash Guards
0CD Cargo Tray
0CC Cargo Net - Rear
0CH Rear Seat Back Protector
0CK Sun Shade - 3rd Row
0D1 USB Charge Port - 3rd Row
0M5 Body Side Molding
0MB Sun Shade

MSRP: $44,885
Cash Offer: $36,725 ($8,160 off msrp 18% discount)
Plus CA taxes and DMV fees.
Got the Gold Plus Extended warrant 10/100 with $0 ded for $2150/- (paid more than the $1750 people talked about on this forum but i could not get $1750 from any CA dealer)

Thank you once again to @whatdude17 and the rest of the folks on this forum to make things easier for us newbies to buy a car.
That is a fantastic deal! Did this take a lot of extra negotiation or were you able to get it so low because it's end of model year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This took some serious vetting. I scanned all dealers from Northern Cal to Southern Cal. Used the strategy of using the quote from one to another (as recommended on this forum). Used Costco too but they only get you small discount. No dealer wanted to give more than the 14% off MSRP even on 2020 models. It might be that they are trying to get inventory out to get the 2021's in but from what i heard on these forums is dealers are running so low on inventory due to COVID that they are not willing to lower their discounts. You only need one! so perseverance helps. I am sure prices will drop towards December but for now this was the best i found so took it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a quote for 2020 ascent limited.
Dealer said it’s with popular package 23.
7seated, black leather.
Sunroof, natvigation
Dealer quote me $404xx +tax and fees and registration.
Does that make sense or it could be lower?

1381 - 1390 of 1390 Posts