Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1364 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
2020 Ascent Touring w/ Popular Package #3
  • MSRP $47,142
    • Discount from Dealer $5,907 (had them match a regional dealer's price sourced from internet manager)
  • Adjusted Price: $41,235
  • Subaru.com Post-Build Email Coupon: $1,000
  • Final Price: $40,235(before trade, taxes, fees)
Great price! Were any of the fees dealer fees, or just government fees?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I was at the AutoNation dealership in Golden, CO on Saturday, while my daughter-in-law was purchasing a used Forester. We saw 3 brand new 2020 Subaru's bought and paid for during the time we were there. All 3 were Ascents (White, Gray, Blue).

I used to see quite a few HMBrown license plate covers in the past, but not so many any more.
During the process. I appreciated that the broker brought over four different vehicles from different manufacturers so I could compare and test drive each in one day. If I wanted to drive one a second time that day or the next day I could. It was very convenient. Obviously. I ended choosing the Ascent, which we custom ordered. No down payment was required.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
so instead of just listing registration and the other taxes they bunch it all together and call it a gov fee? I don't trust that one bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so instead of just listing registration and the other taxes they bunch it all together and call it a gov fee? I don't trust that one bit.
I'm not so sure as I live in California, but the dealer should be able to send you an offer sheet with taxes/fees broken down. It should look something like this:

Another pro tip that worked for me was to not pay for the destination charge. I told my salesman he could charge me for it but I wanted something else in return (so he threw in the wheel and tire protection and front windows tint). I figured he'd be more likely to agree to a fee swap than a fee removal...

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited, 2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Outback
7 Posts
After a couple months of patiently waiting for the best time, we picked up our Ascent this week. Thank you sooo much for the information on this forum!

Limited with Tech & popular package 2...

MSRP $44,082

$38,600 Negotiated price
$595 Dealer Fee
$297 Body side molding added
-$1000 Build Coupon
$38,492 Sales Price + Registration fees ($126) + Tax ($2550)

Probably a couple hundred more $$$ to be had, but I'm happy with the price and dealer. Also had the $500 loyalty coupon but was unable to use both. Other's here had more luck on that than me. Absolutely love the Ascent so far!

Have cross bars and OEM hitch on order much less cost than at the dealer. $139 for the bars and $289 for the hitch.

Now I'm on the hunt for a roof cargo carrier.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,846 Posts
Anyone seen a window sticker that DOESN’T list the moonroof?
Well, one that doesn't have it wouldn't have that listed. ;) But unless you factory order, you may have a challenge finding the "base" version of the Premium or Limited trim without the package that includes the moonroof because the bundle is both popular and something that Subaru and their dealers want to sell. While base vehicles do get shipped, there are a lot less of them produced than those with the package.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I figured it would be obvious that I meant one that HAS a sunroof but does not list it on the monroney. There's tons here in AZ without the sunroof.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,846 Posts
Sorry, but that's not how I read your question and I apologize for misinterpreting it. It would be strange that the feature wouldn't be mentioned since outside of the Touring, it's part of an option package and should be listed in that section of the window sticker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked her up yesterday.
2020 Limited 2A, + Technology Package 23 + Rear seat-back protector + Body Side Moldings. Cinnamon Brown.
44658.00 MSRP
<6227.64> Discount
38430.36 Price
<1000> Subaru 'Build a car online' Code
37430.36 Cost of Car

+200 License (IL)
+299 Doc
0% for 63
Dealer trade in offer of Carmax plus 200

The dealer is in Wisconsin, but I am in Lake County Illinois.

Of interest, I used the build a car and find a dealer on the subaru website. 2 days after, I called the subaru national customer service line to get a loyalty coupon (this car is our 3rd subaru). The CS said I can not get a loyalty coupon as I had already been issued the 1000 coupon. He provided me the $1000 value coupon numbers as I had never received the email. The dealer accepted the $1000 based on my reciting the numbers only - I never had received the email. I wonder if I had asked for the loyalty first if I would have been able to receive both discounts, or if it would have stopped the build-a-subaru coupon from occurring. Next time I will get loyalty first and try an alternate - but still mine - email for the online and at the same time. Was also told by a different (IL) but competitive dealer that if I did not get the 0% then I could get another 1000 off.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited with Technology
6 Posts
After a couple months of patiently waiting for the best time, we picked up our Ascent this week. Thank you sooo much for the information on this forum!

Limited with Tech & popular package 2...

MSRP $44,082

$38,600 Negotiated price
$595 Dealer Fee
$297 Body side molding added
-$1000 Build Coupon
$38,492 Sales Price + Registration fees ($126) + Tax ($2550)

Probably a couple hundred more $$$ to be had, but I'm happy with the price and dealer. Also had the $500 loyalty coupon but was unable to use both. Other's here had more luck on that than me. Absolutely love the Ascent so far!

Have cross bars and OEM hitch on order much less cost than at the dealer. $139 for the bars and $289 for the hitch.

Now I'm on the hunt for a roof cargo carrier.
where did you get the hitch? Was it OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
235 Posts
ChemTrail said it was OEM... avoid aftermarket hitches...they only bolt thru the bumper mounts. No where as good as the OEM hitch which is rated for the third row seating in accidents. Also the OEM hitch is no more expensive than the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited with Technology
6 Posts
Anyone seen a window sticker that DOESN’T list the moonroof?
I just looked at mine and it's not showing the moonroof. Interesting. But it does show Popular Package: 23 - I googled that and google tells me,: The upgraded or “Loaded Limited” is option package 23 which includes the Harmon-Kardon Premium Sound System, Panoramic Power Moonroof, Navigation, and the Cargo Area Cover for $2950

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited, 2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Outback
7 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
ChemTrail said it was OEM... avoid aftermarket hitches...they only bolt thru the bumper mounts. No where as good as the OEM hitch which is rated for the third row seating in accidents. Also the OEM hitch is no more expensive than the aftermarket.
not familiar with ChemTrail. Link please.

1301 - 1320 of 1364 Posts