Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1181 - 1188 of 1188 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm guessing/hoping that another month of the country being shut down and car dealerships are going to start getting creative/desperate to move inventory.
Ford, GM & Chrysler already announced close plants after union pressured workers safety concern. Honda, Toyota & Nissan would idle but no announcement made by Subaru as yet. Demands could become a big factor in opposite direction the way I see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You think there is heavy demand right now for new cars when more people are becoming unemployed than the worst depths of the 2009 financial crisis? I'll take the under on the demand side. Car sales in China dropped by 79% in February. I guess time will tell if stopping production is enough to offset the lost demand.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,528 Posts
but no announcement made by Subaru as yet.
That's incorrect. Subaru announced a closure of the Indiana plant a day or three ago. It's noted in the General Discussion forum here.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
34 Posts
Just got an email and a voicemail from one of the local dealers.. new offer is up to 60 months, 0% and 90 day deferral of payments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say a couple things - first a BIG thank you to the community here - you guys posting really helped me in finding the car at the right price.

I test drove a bunch of 3 row SUVs - all the top-of-the-line models for the following (and my opinions of each)...
Good post. I'm in the same boat. My wife and I recently test drove the Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisade, and Honda Pilot. We even test drove a Ford Expedition, which of course is in a different class. Each had their ups and downs.

We plan on test driving an Ascent next week. The local dealer has a lot of inventory so I'm hoping that means they'll be more willing to make a deal. To be honest, we probably would've bought the Palisade but the dealership was leaning on the hype a bit and wasnt willing to deal as much as I was hoping they would.

Anyway, I'll definitely be reading through this thread prior to talking numbers with the Subaru dealership.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up an Ascent Touring on Friday. Not the best time to be in the market for a car, but I figured any savings I might enjoy by waiting would be offset by the decreased value of my trade (which was a WRX that no longer met the needs of my family).

MSRP was $46,924 (came with popular option package 2). Negotiated price was $41,655 minus $1,250 in coupons for a final price of $40,405 plus TTL (doc fee was $150). This was in North Idaho.

Honestly, there was probably more room to negotiate down based on how quickly they matched another dealer’s offer. But I did get 63 months at 0% financing, which is nice.

·
Registered
945 Posts
That will be the prevailing tactic to sell vehicles in the near future - 0% financing. With the loss of income and the shrinking value of the retirement accounts consumers won't "feel" flush with money. I have even read a few articles that expect the stock market to take a 80-90% haircut. I don't imagine the "flush" will be that extreme, but nonetheless, if people were fully invested, they will feel the pain in the short term. It's a perfect storm that will slow auto sales significantly.

1181 - 1188 of 1188 Posts