Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1188 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just picked up my 2020 Limited on Sunday, so far I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Package 3: Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Approach Light, Rear Bumper Cover, Crossbar Set, Cargo Tray, Rear Seatback Protector, All Weather Floor Liners

Also has HK Audio, Moonroof

MSRP $44,207
Invoice $40,787
Negotiated Price: $39,197 (3.9% off invoice)
Do you have navigation in this car package, the OTD price is 39197?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ask two different auto brokers to provide a price. You should provide the exact specification of the vehicle you want so they are bidding on the exact same vehicle. Out the door price should be provided with an item by item breakdown for any packages. I saved thousands on my Limited compared to going directly to dealers who I also asked for pricing. I was not willing to take a vehicle off the lot unless it was an exact match (which of course none of them had). I used no gimmicks or special discount programs. I just asked for their out the door price (including any fees) lowest price. I came with great financing but after they gave me their final price I ended up using Subaru financing since by the time the vehicle arrived Subaru lowered their best interest rate. Of course that saved me money but that is not the price itself. Financing should be considered separately as should any trade in (I had no trade in), or down payment.
This is great advice, thank you! I have sent them the model specifications, and am interested in hiring a broker - I did not know that this service existed. I have been searching the area, but I am unable to find any brokers by searching just "Auto brokers" or "car brokers". Wondering if you have any advice on finding a good one?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
This is great advice, thank you! I have sent them the model specifications, and am interested in hiring a broker - I did not know that this service existed. I have been searching the area, but I am unable to find any brokers by searching just "Auto brokers" or "car brokers". Wondering if you have any advice on finding a good one?
I started with an internet search for substantial auto brokers that have been around for a long time. The one I used has been around for 30 years. The other advantage of a broker was that they pulled together five vehicles from different manufacturers that I requested for me to test drive. All five were available to me to touch and drive the same day. Going to individual dealers would have been very cumbersome and time consuming. I am not in your area so I can not suggest a broker. Remember I also asked three dealers and two brokers for a price. I made sure they knew I was serious and already had my financing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Local dealer quoted me $39334 on a Limited 7 Passenger with Technology package and Popular Package 2a, plus a few little things like rear seat protector, cargo net, 3rd row shades.

This is 4% off invoice of $40971 and 11.5% off of MSRP of $44492.

Seems like a pretty solid deal that I'll likely take. Though I've seen lots of post about a Subaru Loyalty coupon. This will be my first Subaru, so assuming that's out the window, but does Subaru have any kind of referral discount?
What's your final out-of-door price

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
salt lake city auto brokers at DuckDuckGo --- just from a internet search.

This is the firm I ended up using but they probably would not have the network extend to SLC. They may be able to suggest someone though. HM Brown & Associates | Colorado Auto Broker & Car Sales I suggest you read some of their description so you can discern between any auto sales person and a experienced auto broker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Scored limited 7 passengers with technology/popular package 3, USB charge port 3rd row, LED upgrade, door scuff protector, side sill plate, sun shade & sun shade 3rd row 3.5 weeks ago. MSRP including destination charge total at $45,041.00 and negotiated down to $39,100.00 included royalty coupon + TTL. Put additional down payment plus traded my old car to help up monthly payment. Everything thru online process including the trade and happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a limited 7 passenger with everything but the front facing camera. msrp was 44k and paid 37987. It also came with the 3m clear bra on the hood and around the doors. I believe I got a good deal....

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
34 Posts
Just bought a limited 7 passenger with everything but the front facing camera. msrp was 44k and paid 37987. It also came with the 3m clear bra on the hood and around the doors. I believe I got a good deal....
That does look like a great deal - $6K off MSRP is very good! Congrats...

I have heard the clear bra being mentioned a few times now... is there a part number for this? dealer installed it seems?
I had a front cover on my Impreza back in the day and it left a stain... so wonder how this holds up and if it is better...?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have heard the clear bra being mentioned a few times now... is there a part number for this? dealer installed it seems?
I had a front cover on my Impreza back in the day and it left a stain... so wonder how this holds up and if it is better...?
I will look on the invoice and see if I can find it for you. I've heard its better now days. Im guessing your stain was yellow?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R, 2003 Honda Pilot EX
34 Posts
I will look on the invoice and see if I can find it for you. I've heard its better now days. Im guessing your stain was yellow?
Yes on a white car, it left a yellow-ish stain and it also would catch and keep sand/other debris behind it... was a pain to keep on as it had to be kept in place with hooks to various front bumper and wheel arches - this was a Subaru part also...
So def interested in the 3M part...

·
Registered
6 Posts

The bra is not a Subaru accessory. My dealer partners with a local shop that specializes in the 3M bra. I've had one installed in my last 4 Subarus purchased from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scored limited 7 passengers with technology/popular package 3, USB charge port 3rd row, LED upgrade, door scuff protector, side sill plate, sun shade & sun shade 3rd row 3.5 weeks ago. MSRP including destination charge total at $45,041.00 and negotiated down to $39,100.00 included royalty coupon + TTL. Put additional down payment plus traded my old car to help up monthly payment. Everything thru online process including the trade and happy with the purchase.
Are you saying that was the OTD price? Great Job!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my wife a 2020 Touring MSRP $47,581, got it for $42,999 with 0.9% for 72 months. I found a couple of dealers in Dallas/Ft. Worth that beat that deal by $100, wasn't worth the drive from Austin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought Subaru Ascent Touring ( Abyss Blue) yesterday. MSRP was 47,285 and sale price was 43,000 before tax and registration. Subaru sent me a coupon for 1000 dollar discount and so the final price came down to 42000 with 0% financing. This is in southern California.

1161 - 1180 of 1188 Posts