Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Diode Dynamics fog light fit… not quite there

7143 Views 55 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  chrisjp20
Just a couple photos of the tight fit of the Diode Dynamics current fit for our Ascents. Too tight to properly mount w/o cutting a lot. After a chat and some photos sent (great service BTW) they are sending new (their standard) bezel versus the round one. Will update later after final install.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 2
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
I would definitely be a follower if you did a lighting thread. You were the reason why I went with the ss3s (if they ever ship 😭) instead of the baja's.

Originally was leaning towards the bajas because I didnt like how uncentered the ss3s looked in the housing, but your prior posts convinced me that the function outweighed aesthetics greatly 😂
Reactions: 4
Any way sone one can post up the part numbers for the switch, relay and hardware kit?I have a premium without fog lights and have been wanting to get these same fog lights,Now that i know i just need those parts i can move forward and get some. Also i noticed in the pic the DD fog plugs right up to the oem clip correct? just mount and plug and play thanks
Any way sone one can post up the part numbers for the switch, relay and hardware kit?I have a premium without fog lights and have been wanting to get these same fog lights,Now that i know i just need those parts i can move forward and get some. Also i noticed in the pic the DD fog plugs right up to the oem clip correct? just mount and plug and play thanks
Font Number Circle Magenta Parallel
Font Number Circle Magenta Parallel
i ordered more hardware than I needed… this was from Subaruparts.com out of Tacoma Wa
See less See more
Reactions: 1
View attachment 16021 View attachment 16021 i ordered more hardware than I needed… this was from Subaruparts.com out of Tacoma Wa
Thank you!
Wooot! Finally got an email saying my fogs shipped! I hope they arrive before the weekend so I have time to install them
Wooot! Finally got an email saying my fogs shipped! I hope they arrive before the weekend so I have time to install them
"shipped" as in they created a shipping label? one of my pet peeves is when I get a shipping notification only to click on the tracking number and see my item sitting in their warehouse shipping department for a couple days. Hopefully DD wouldn't do that to you
  • Haha
LOL thats exactly where it is currently - created a shipping lablel. BUT been waiting for these since January, so this is huge already. Rather see that the shipping label has been created than another email saying it's delayed for another 2-3 weeks :ROFLMAO:
They are finally in my possession!!!

Swapped out the surrounds and now just got to wait for after work tomorrow.
Reactions: 4
I would definitely be a follower if you did a lighting thread. You were the reason why I went with the ss3s (if they ever ship 😭) instead of the baja's.

Originally was leaning towards the bajas because I didnt like how uncentered the ss3s looked in the housing, but your prior posts convinced me that the function outweighed aesthetics greatly 😂
I'll try to get started on one at some point. It will take a while to put together and to proof read...I have to proof read my posts many times! lol
Installation was a breeze! I think the most difficult part was probably plugging the harness into the foglight the first time. Needed some strength for that. LOL

The difference is amazing. The price definitely was justified. I kept on flipping the fogs on and off to see the difference when I went on a test drive. I think I aimed them low enough, but it's hard to tell.
Installation was a breeze! I think the most difficult part was probably plugging the harness into the foglight the first time. Needed some strength for that. LOL

The difference is amazing. The price definitely was justified. I kept on flipping the fogs on and off to see the difference when I went on a test drive. I think I aimed them low enough, but it's hard to tell.
Yay… #worththewait
Anyone get the SS3 LED Fog Light Kit in Max installed and notice a difference? Need help on deciding between SS3's and Elites and white or yellow. It is my wifes car so was looking at the SS3 Max in yellow just not sure the cost is worth it?
Amber, FTW...

I am thoroughly enjoying my SS3 Max Ambers...

Not my photo...
View attachment 15210
I used to be on the National Ski Patrol at a few ski areas in West Virginia over 20 years ago. Having driven in the WV mountains and surrounding areas in every conceivable weather condition, short of hurricane or tornado for 25-plus years, having white headlights was a negative when driving in snow conditions more dense than snow flurries. I wish I had known about amber colored lighting back then.

I look at that picture and my first though was had that been white lights, the light reflecting off the snow would have limited visibility far greater. The snow flakes seem to reflect the amber hue a lots less than the flakes reflect while light. I am truly amazed how little the flakes reflect the amber light in that picture.
i like color and the light assembly itself ...
lights direction and fitment looks terrible to me on the ascent...

Hood Tire Tread Automotive tire Fender

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Fluid Amber Liquid
See less See more
One of the reasons I like the Elite Series from DD is the circular face of the lamp. I'm thinking that it will look better than the square SS3 after trimming the opening. The other reason I like it is it is less expensive than the SS3 model. And it will better match the projector style headlamps of my Premium.

Automotive lighting Camera lens Camera accessory Lens Yellow
See less See more
I just push mine as far back as possible. The other way is to trim the bezel on the light as it doesn't do anything.
Just a couple photos of the tight fit of the Diode Dynamics current fit for our Ascents. Too tight to properly mount w/o cutting a lot. After a chat and some photos sent (great service BTW) they are sending new (their standard) bezel versus the round one. Will update later after final install.

View attachment 15113 View attachment 15112 View attachment 15111

View attachment 15113 View attachment 15112 View attachment 15111
I wanted to share my satisfaction with the SS3 hood light and Elite series fog lights that I installed from Diode Dynamics. It's truly the best setup for achieving perfect lighting on my Ascent. The combination of the SS3 hood light and Elite series fog lights provides excellent visibility and enhances the overall driving experience.

In fact, I have captured a video of a night drive showcasing the exceptional lighting performance of these products. I believe it would be valuable for others to see the difference these lights make.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts