Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around with the dimmer slide wheel in the left driver side panel when I noticed something strange. If I turned the dimmer all the way down, it turned off the front fog lights. Has anyone noticed this? I have aftermarket led fog lights but except for the fog light switch all the wiring is oem. Has anyone else noticed this? Or did I wire something incorrectly? If I did, how did I mess up with the existing oem wiring and harnesses?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just tried it, and mine definitely does Not do this. The fogs stay on. Stock fog lights, '19 Touring.

F.S.

Edit: I'm away from my car now, but had a thought. There's an indicator icon in the upper left above the tach that toggles on/off with the fog light switch, but also (I think) dims with the rest of the dimmer-controlled lights and console back lights. Not sure what is physical wiring and what is embedded in board logic, but maybe you hooked the actual fog lights to whatever ulttmately drives the dimmed icon?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.