Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a 2011 Outback owner. Since I bought my Outback I've had 2 kids and got a dog, so I'm looking for something bigger. The Outback has been rock solid over 112k miles so far with no problems other than routine maintenance, so Ascent is a logical choice. My husband has a 2016 Legacy sedan, and my dad has a 2015 Outback as well.

This may be a basic question but I can't seem to find it answered anywhere.

What's the difference between the Touring model ($44,695) and the Limited model with the Technology Package ($42,920)?

Obviously the brown leather, and I see the chrome mirrors/door handles and "woodgrain-patterned accent". Is the rest of the $1775 difference just the front view camera?

I'm not crazy about the brown, fake wood, or captain's chairs. I'm sort of sad not to get a front view camera (or 360 camera like some other SUVs), but would I be missing out on anything else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
No it is more....you get the Smart review camera in the mirror, rain sensing wipers, special Touring carpeted floor mats, 120 volt outlet,ventilated front seats, upgraded leather steering wheel....
Does the Limited not offer the 120V outlet? That would suck if true because I thought it did and I have preordered the Limited.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don’t see the 120volt outlet offered as a Limited build accessory on the Subaru web site...it is clearly listed as an standard item on the Touring model....

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Does the Limited not offer the 120V outlet? That would suck if true because I thought it did and I have preordered the Limited.
I don’t see the 120volt outlet offered as a Limited build accessory on the Subaru web site...it is clearly listed as an standard item on the Touring model....
I don't think it is an available add on, but you can ask your dealer if they can get the part and install it after the fact most likely. Example: when I was considering the premium, my dealer said if i wanted fog lights they could do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No it is more....you get the Smart review camera in the mirror, rain sensing wipers, special Touring carpeted floor mats, 120 volt outlet,ventilated front seats, upgraded leather steering wheel....
I forgot to add that the Touring model has interior ambient lighting and footwell lighting....

This info is available on the Subaru.com site when you Take a Guided Tour

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I forgot to add that the Touring model has interior ambient lighting and footwell lighting....

This info is available on the Subaru.com site when you Take a Guided Tour
Darn, I wonder if that means the limited won't have lighted cup holders at night like the touring does :crying:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Note my attachment...it lists glossy black grill as Touring model only....so if photos show no difference, and that turns out to be true, then it’s false advertising....i wait to file my claim?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Note my attachment...it lists glossy black grill as Touring model only....so if photos show no difference, and that turns out to be true, then it’s false advertising....i wait to file my claim?
Just weird they show all the exterior differences, but the grills look the same. What are the other grills supposed to be? Flat black and not glossy? Chrome?

·
Registered
967 Posts
And the pictures I took today would be of no help, because everything was pre-production models. Which means that stuff on a car I saw, sat in, and drove today may NOT be (and based upon experience, won't be) what rolls off the line.

·
Registered
644 Posts
And the pictures I took today would be of no help, because everything was pre-production models. Which means that stuff on a car I saw, sat in, and drove today may NOT be (and based upon experience, won't be) what rolls off the line.
So I take that as production will be different and of better quality?

·
Registered
967 Posts
For some things, it's possible. We could not take pictures of the powerpoint, but could lick the paint off the cars outside.

They'll do some tweaking of things, and they did ask for our input.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was wondering this too. Looking at all the pictures of the car show models, which I assume are the same ones currently making their way around the dealership circuit, the stitching/cut of the leather on the seats and seat backs seem a little unrefined.

If you look at most of the photos and pay attention to the edges and sides of the seats, there are dimples and puckers where I would expect everything to be nice a taut (like the patterns were cut a tad too big). I know the seats have been sat in a million times by now and it may just be stretched out at those points but that's not where you'd expect to see stretching. At least no more stretching than on the actual leather where your butt sits.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For some things, it's possible. We could not take pictures of the powerpoint, but could lick the paint off the cars outside.

They'll do some tweaking of things, and they did ask for our input.
Given that production has begun, how much more change can really be injected at this time? I get that the pre-production models had to be rolling off the line month(s) ago, before all production decisions and implementations were finalized. But at this point, it seems like there is not much latitude to change what is about to be released.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The one thing I noticed on all the pre-production models that I hope they change is the sunglasses holder/in-cabin mirror. The housings have all been black in the Pre-Prods and it looks out of place. I hope they make it the same off white color as the rest of the plastic on the eyesight housing. Same thing for the exterior Sirius sharkfin antennae. It is a cheap-looking flat black plastic on the pre-prods; why not make it body color like all the other Subaru's? at least that you can't see as much as the interior bits.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The one thing I noticed on all the pre-production models that I hope they change is the sunglasses holder/in-cabin mirror. The housings have all been black in the Pre-Prods and it looks out of place. I hope they make it the same off white color as the rest of the plastic on the eyesight housing. Same thing for the exterior Sirius sharkfin antennae. It is a cheap-looking flat black plastic on the pre-prods; why not make it body color like all the other Subaru's? at least that you can't see as much as the interior bits.
My thoughts exactly on the Sharkfin antenna :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
644 Posts
Looked at a couple yesterday and noticed- Both issues are more upscale on the Outback

Manual Hood rod for a 40+touring model

A-pillars are plastic instead of cloth

Silver outside mirrors on Touring lifted directly from the 28k Legacy Sport

I personally found the bench seat(8 pas) not as comfy as the Outback bench. I would go for captain chairs

The interior which I really like still gave me a Impreza + feel

Overall a outstanding SUV . I feel a premium model discounted would offer the most bang for the buck

1 - 20 of 39 Posts