Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little satin black vinyl added to the ascent today. Mirrors, door handles, headlights, chrome delete around the windows, chrome deelete on bottom of doors, chrome delete on rear hatch, smoke on rear lights. Also yellow vinyl on the fog lights. the guys at Premium Auto Styling are top notch!

Still need to do the front grill, fog light bezel and rear bumper bezel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve been contemplating doing a few chrome trim pieces on my white ascent as well. Is it worth paying a shop to do this work, just curious? Do they typically guarantee their work?

Looks good! Even better with the grill and windows tinted

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks great. I've wanted to have the chrome trim on the fog light mounts grayed out since before I got the car. Rear chrome strip too.
Brought it to the only local vinyl vehicle sign shop, and they refused the work. They told me that the edges will inevitably lift because they can't wrap it far enough under, and the strip will pucker off.
This is a Fast Signs franchise, too, with cop cars and trucks outside proudly displaying their vinyl wraps. Dang, but yours looks good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tint

Looks great need the front windows tinted now.
Definitely. Will most likely match the rear. California law sucks and says the windows has to be 70% see through. Not that this law stops being from going further.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes

I’ve been contemplating doing a few chrome trim pieces on my white ascent as well. Is it worth paying a shop to do this work, just curious? Do they typically guarantee their work?

Looks good! Even better with the grill and windows tinted
Since I know nothing about applying vinyl I think it was worth the extra money to have them do it. There is definitely an art/finess to it. They guarantee the work for 1yr.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Badges

I'm curious about the cost as well. It looks great. Will you be de-badging the back or doing the blacked-out subaru emblems?
I am still debating on this one. I like the idea of keeping the badges and making them black. We will see.

It was 1k for what was done so far. Will probably be another 300 to do the rest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shops

Looks great. I've wanted to have the chrome trim on the fog light mounts grayed out since before I got the car. Rear chrome strip too.
Brought it to the only local vinyl vehicle sign shop, and they refused the work. They told me that the edges will inevitably lift because they can't wrap it far enough under, and the strip will pucker off.
This is a Fast Signs franchise, too, with cop cars and trucks outside proudly displaying their vinyl wraps. Dang, but yours looks good.
Depends on the shop. These guys professionally do this every day. They wrapped an Ascent for Subiefest and thats why i went to them to do it. You can buy their vinyl direct from their website.

https://www.premiumautostyling.com/ascent/

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Wow, how much? I'd use them, but California is too long of a road trip for me right now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Could you snap some close ups of the window trim? I’m debating DIY or having them do it.

EDIT! Just discovered a thing called knifeless tape. You basically put it down first, put vinyl on top, then lift up and it cuts the vinyl. Like opening a package with a built in string.

I’ve seen several videos about it but on the Ascent the semi rigid trim looks challenging to me. Curious if they wrapped over the rubber that touches the window or if they trimmed it.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could you snap some close ups of the window trim? I’m debating DIY or having them do it.

EDIT! Just discovered a thing called knifeless tape. You basically put it down first, put vinyl on top, then lift up and it cuts the vinyl. Like opening a package with a built in string.

I’ve seen several videos about it but on the Ascent the semi rigid trim looks challenging to me. Curious if they wrapped over the rubber that touches the window or if they trimmed it.
Based on what I saw them do they used a knife.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A little satin black vinyl added to the ascent today. Mirrors, door handles, headlights, chrome delete around the windows, chrome deelete on bottom of doors, chrome delete on rear hatch, smoke on rear lights. Also yellow vinyl on the fog lights. the guys at Premium Auto Styling are top notch!

Still need to do the front grill, fog light bezel and rear bumper bezel.
Can you repost the pictures? The pictures no longer show up. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts