Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am likely purchasing my Ascent through a broker I will not have a theoretical relationship with a dealership (this will also be my first Subaru). I was not pleased with some of my experiences of the Subaru sales force from two dealerships. This may have been just those individuals as compared to being representative of the entire dealership. There is also a difference between the sales and service departments; their incentives, their operations and management. All that being said, who will you have servicing your Ascent in the Denver/Lakewood area? Competence, trustworthy, great schedule management, great clear customer communication, great follow-up, advocacy with manufacturer when appropriate, loaner vehicles are all considerations.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Not in your area, I can recommend Mike Shaw Subaru and Flatirons Subaru.

Mike Shaw is pretty accommodating. The parts department is very good to me. The service department has been very good to me as well.

Flatirons is more expensive and tailored more the folks in Boulder. I can't recommend Shortline or AutoNation due to the reasons I can't recommend them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Not in your area, I can recommend Mike Shaw Subaru and Flatirons Subaru.

Mike Shaw is pretty accommodating. The parts department is very good to me. The service department has been very good to me as well.

Flatirons is more expensive and tailored more the folks in Boulder. I can't recommend Shortline or AutoNation due to the reasons I can't recommend them.
I always thought the service department at Mike Shaw Subaru was excellent until today. I brought my 2018 Outback in for an oil change and for 2 outstanding recalls to be completed. I made the appointment over two weeks ago. Dropped the car off at 7:00 AM.

The service advisor told me it would be done mid-afternoon, but certainly by the end of the day. Near the end of the day, I texted my service advisor. He did not respond, but did leave me a voicemail at around 6:45 PM, stating "unfortunately we were unable to start the service on your vehicle today, but we will start on it tomorrow."

Am I justified in asking for a "free" oil change for my trouble? I am taking my Honda Ridgeline in tomorrow to the Honda dealer down the street from Mike Shaw.

Just another reason consumers avoid dealerships unless they absolutely have to use them. Subaru is not immune to incompetency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts