Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning my 2019 Ascent I discovered 2 dents in the rocker panel under the left rear door. Immediately I returned to the dealer, showed the dents and spoke to sales mgr. He said that they could run it through their body shop, but first wanted to contact the manufacturer. Picture showing the dents is on my profile.

·
Registered
965 Posts
While cleaning my 2019 Ascent I discovered 2 dents in the rocker panel under the left rear door.
Is there a corresponding dent on the inside of the door panel? That's a very weird place to get a dent at any place OTHER than the factory or in the detail department of the dealership. If I were making a guess, that's from someone sitting a rubber mallet down after putting a gasket on and shutting the door on the handle. That's seriously what it looks like to me - and that's NOT going to be easy to push out with PDR, not where it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[yes I can only assume that it came from Indiana with the dents. QUOTE=civdiv99;104307]Were those there at delivery when you took it, and they missed on pre-delivery prep?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No other damage, no marks anywhere looks to me like it was either built with a dented piece or damaged before the paint was applied. OTE=Carl Abrams;104413]
While cleaning my 2019 Ascent I discovered 2 dents in the rocker panel under the left rear door.
Is there a corresponding dent on the inside of the door panel? That's a very weird place to get a dent at any place OTHER than the factory or in the detail department of the dealership. If I were making a guess, that's from someone sitting a rubber mallet down after putting a gasket on and shutting the door on the handle. That's seriously what it looks like to me - and that's NOT going to be easy to push out with PDR, not where it is.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I plan to make a separate thread with pictures on my issue but I have a similar situation that I noticed on pre-purchase inspection. One side of the front edge of our hood that rounds the grill is slightly bent upward so there is about a 1 inch gap and the weather stripping is sort of dangling in the gap but still attached. That said, the gap is very noticeable if you pay attention. They noted the issue on our sales paperwork with a fix "to be determined". I did not like the suggestion of leaving our car a few days and having a tech hammer it so I said I would let them know how we want to move forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts