Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In June, we ordered a Premium 7 passenger (KCC-12) with all weather floor liners, rear seatback protectors, trailer hitch, and 3 oil changes for $35,250. My delivery was initially slated for August 14th, then got pushed to August 23rd, then to September 9th, then to September 17th, now to September 24th. To make matters worse, we sold my wife's old vehicle in early August since we were assured that the deliver date was accurate (she's been borrowing from a few relatives since then which makes me feel like a mooch). Every time the date got pushed back, I was polite but told them how it added to our inconvenience. They told me they'd take care of me somehow, but never went into detail.

What do y'all think I should be pushing for when they "take care of me"? Cash off the top? Extended warranty? Additional options? I would have definitely pushed for a lower price if I knew I had such a wait but we could probably make use of a crossbar set, rear bumper cover, sunshades, or even a cargo carrier.

·
Registered
590 Posts
In June, we ordered a Premium 7 passenger (KCC-12) with all weather floor liners, rear seatback protectors, trailer hitch, and 3 oil changes for $35,250. My delivery was initially slated for August 14th, then got pushed to August 23rd, then to September 9th, then to September 17th, now to September 24th. To make matters worse, we sold my wife's old vehicle in early August since we were assured that the deliver date was accurate (she's been borrowing from a few relatives since then which makes me feel like a mooch). Every time the date got pushed back, I was polite but told them how it added to our inconvenience. They told me they'd take care of me somehow, but never went into detail.

What do y'all think I should be pushing for when they "take care of me"? Cash off the top? Extended warranty? Additional options? I would have definitely pushed for a lower price if I knew I had such a wait but we could probably make use of a crossbar set, rear bumper cover, sunshades, or even a cargo carrier.
Dang, that’s a lot of moving on dates! I would be very frustrated! If that price is not invoice I would ask for invoice pricing! Maybe even see if they will throw in the extra accessories or throw them in at invoice! Sad thing is these cars are selling so fast that they will probably not want to give too much. Have you contacted SOA directly? They may be more apt to help you!

·
Registered
646 Posts
See if your dealer will give you a loaner since you've been pushed back?

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
646 Posts
It isn't the dealer's fault. SOA will handle the inconvenience. They'll pay for a rental car until yours arrives.
I agree it's not the dealers fault so if SOA will take care of it that's sweet. I'd just have started by asking the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't fault the dealer. The last few times, they showed me their paperwork with the dates assigned by the powers that be.

I can certainly reach out to SOA, though a rental at this point isn't quite worth it as my wife's sister has lent her a vehicle while she's away for the next two weeks.

My question is what I should expect to be within reach when my dealer "takes care of me".

Like snowgirl suggested, it seems reasonable to push for invoice pricing. The dealer still gets their holdback and depending on the savings, I might feel better about the deal.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Question: have you checked your order status? Do you know if it was released (release date) and put in a train (rail ship date)? I have both of those dates now and are in the past, so I am confident my ETA is going to be pretty close to real (10/3, but was 9/26). I read somewhere else that the Premium trims are the most popular, which was news to me because I thought I read elsewhere that the limited and touring trims were. LOL!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hard to believe it's now easier to get a Tesla Model 3 than a Subaru Ascent or a Volvo XC40 (delivery date 4th quarter of 2019).
Granted, Tesla really only makes 3 models (unless you want to include the Roadster, but I doubt they're cranking those out) and it's been in production for a year.

I sell Volvos as well and I can tell you that getting -ANY- Volvo is a pain if you want anything specific. Shopping for a Volvo you need to be open to driving 200 miles to find a dealership that has the car you want. Were you quoted a year wait for an XC40...that seems a bit long even for Volvo.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Forgive me for being old fashioned. I think by this time it would have been the salesperson's job to have contacted you and told you how the dealer is going to "take care of you".

If SOA will routinely pay for your rental in cases like yours, why hasn't your salesperson already told you so on their own initiative?

·
Registered
764 Posts

Just as others have said, Subaru will pay for a loaner while you wait. I wouldn't expect anything from the dealership but if you contact Subaru directly they can compensate you for your wait. We've had a few at my dealership do the same thing and we can't get a reason why from anyone :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Forgive me for being old fashioned. I think by this time it would have been the salesperson's job to have contacted you and told you how the dealer is going to "take care of you".

If SOA will routinely pay for your rental in cases like yours, why hasn't your salesperson already told you so on their own initiative?
Perhaps they didn't read the notice from SOA. If the customer wants something then it is more than 50% their responsibility to make sure it happens. We're not mind readers. Once we know what you want we can try to get it. I doubt the dealership is going to budge on price. They already know what they can sell the car for and they're not going to be looking to cut all their gross. I also would recommend not upsetting the sales person by telling him you want to cut out all of his commission due to SOA's issue...not the best way to try to get what you want, IMO.

@OP Tell your salesperson you want him to contact SOA and inform them of your situation (and be detailed in what your situation is so they can properly address it).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Question: have you checked your order status? Do you know if it was released (release date) and put in a train (rail ship date)? I have both of those dates now and are in the past, so I am confident my ETA is going to be pretty close to real (10/3, but was 9/26). I read somewhere else that the Premium trims are the most popular, which was news to me because I thought I read elsewhere that the limited and touring trims were. LOL!
I've had very little in the way of documentation from my dealer. Nothing in the way order numbers or means to check statuses. I've called him a bunch, and stopped in to pester them but few tangible details. How do you check your statuses?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've had very little in the way of documentation from my dealer. Nothing in the way order numbers or means to check statuses. I've called him a bunch, and stopped in to pester them but few tangible details. How do you check your statuses?
A lot of us were given a VON when we put our $500 down to order the car. You can then take that VON to SOA (by calling) and get updates. I email my dealer once a week. Now this is region dependent; as some regions dont get that VON and its handled differently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.