Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to provide a 12V connection at the dash that remains connected to the battery so that I can leave a small solar panel on the dash to trickle charge the battery during long periods of covid-19 induced inactivity. Alternatively, if non-switched 12V is available at the driver side fuse block, perhaps I could pick it up there. Perhaps there is an unused fuse location in the fuse block with continuous power? I am willing to run a separate, fused pair of leads directly from the battery but can't figure out how/where to penetrate the firewall. I will use #10 wire and a 25A fuse so that I can also hook a ham radio up inside, when needed.
I have perused the forum but found no useful info. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I put a DVM on all the fuses under the dash looking for unswitched 12V. The right side of each fuse is the input. Those that were hot with the ignition off were: 14, 22, 27, 28, 32, 33, 36, 37, 38

Whether those are direct from the battery and what each current capacity is, I can't say.

Personally, for a radio, I'd run directly to the battery rather than use the vehicle wiring. I haven't yet done it, but others in this forum have found rubber feedthroughs in the firewall where they could snake additional wires through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts